Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Increase To 70% Finally Approved

Rate this question

jet187

Question

Hey all,

thanks to all the great advice & people on this forum, I received the big white envelope from the Regional yesterday saying I was given temp. 100% SC for 2 months March 30 to June 3 due to hospitalization over 21 days. An evaluation of 70% is assigned from June 2011 going forward.

I put my claim for increase for 100% P&T immediately after I was discharged from the PTSD program in Lyons in June 2011. Had my Increase C&P in July, then waited until yesterday.

My next step is to decide if I should NOD the decision or just go ahead and apply for TDIU.

Couldn't have done it without the support & advice I have read on this amazing site.

Thanks Brothers & Sisters!

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

jet187 - why did they deny 100% (or TDIU, an inferred issue, when they awarded the 70%)??? Please post the info from the "reasons and bases" section of the decision. Thanks!

pr

Hey all,

thanks to all the great advice & people on this forum, I received the big white envelope from the Regional yesterday saying I was given temp. 100% SC for 2 months March 30 to June 3 due to hospitalization over 21 days. An evaluation of 70% is assigned from June 2011 going forward.

I put my claim for increase for 100% P&T immediately after I was discharged from the PTSD program in Lyons in June 2011. Had my Increase C&P in July, then waited until yesterday.

My next step is to decide if I should NOD the decision or just go ahead and apply for TDIU.

Couldn't have done it without the support & advice I have read on this amazing site.

Thanks Brothers & Sisters!

I agree with PR re; posting the info. Depending on the reasons they based their denial on, you might be able to rebut that, via the DRO review with a NOD. It'll be a lot better and faster to have it approved there, than have it go to BVA for approval.

Coot

Philip & Cooter,

I was originally 50%. Then went into the PTSD program for 2 months in April-June. I was advised by the VA docs to put in for 100% when I got out which I did in June. Had my Increase C&P in July.

They shot me down for 100% in the Reasons for Decision as stated:

"A higher evaluation of 100 % is not warranted unless there is a total occupational and social impairment, due to such symptoms as:

Gross impairment in thought process or communications

Persistent delusions or hallucinations

Grossly inappropriate behavior

Persistent danger of hurting self or others

intermittent inability to perform activities of daily living(including maintenance of minimal personal hygiene)

Disorientation to time or place,memory loss for names of close relatives,own occupation, or own name.

I think I have at least 3 of the symptoms listed above now.

They said my GAF was 45. A range of 41-50 indicates serious symptoms, or any serious impairment in social,occupational, or school functioning.

The also said" The overall evidentiary record shows that the severity of your disability most closely approximates the criteria for a 70 % disability evaluation."

I did go back to work shortly after being discharged from the program,because of family financial issues but I work 2 days a week now. Maybe they denied me the 100% because I am still working I guess.

I want to talk to my VA Pysch Doc when I see him in a few weeks & see what he has to say. He has been supportive in the past, wrote me a support letter when I put in for the increase.

The Decision letter does not say anything about 70% & applying for TDIU.

Notorious Kelly, sorry I don't know how to post this in the Success Stories forum. Apologize if I posted in the wrong forum.

What should I do?

Thanks for any advice given.