Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Presumptive Ihd With A Twist

Rate this question

AFButch

Question

I MIGHT have a new issue to present, it worries me...

I have a claim for IHD under AO. It is in the notification phase but I have not received letter. I understand you have to go to an RO to start the ebenefits. (6 hours away, so have not done so YET)

I was a CA Correctional Officer when I had my bypass and a few years later my heart attack. I had symptoms for YEARS before one doctor finally decided that something was going on with me other than heart burn. My first angiogram sent me immediately to bypass. Previous ER trips had no results, a couple nights in the hospital but no heart attack. In any event, I returned to work following each but a year after the heart attack with my overall weakened state and angina, my doctor suggested that this was NOT the best line of work for me. So, I had to retire at age 55. Being a peace officer gained me PRESUMPTIVE care under worker's compensation so all heart stuff was and continues to be covered by CA State Worker's Comp. My retirement, nothing to do with worker's comp is considered disability retirement and basically I got 1/2 retirement but it is tax free or nearly tax free.

Concern to me is that CA says they are responsible for my heart condition and now I am presenting it to the VA saying that they are. I should add that CA ONLY pays for things directly covering the heart. I have circulatory issues which my cardiologist says is directly linked to my IHD but worker's comp does not see it that way.

I have been told that my notification letter has been generated and I expect to receive it next week but as I do not even know my claim has been accepted I was just wondering if anyone has seen this or a similar thing with an existing presumptive case.

I cannot thank all of you who have offered support in this forum. You are the best thing that I have experienced since I started all of this.

Sitting and waiting, feeling like I am seeing the light, just hope it is the light I want! (Waiting for my notification letter, whatever it will bring.)

Butch

• Answers 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet