VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Filing For Compensation

Rate this question

JohnM

Question

I'm new to the board

I never knew about VA compensation until June of this year. I fell off two helicopters while working on them

but never complained in fear of being marked as a ( xxxxx ) that was 69-72. I was in the Vietnam war. I was in pain with shoulder and back. this last year my back said no more. I have had surgery on my back this year. was diagnoissed with lumbar decompressin, irreversible nerve damage, diabetes/peripheral neuropathy, hearing loss ( both ears) with tintinnitus and verigo, osteoartirtis, spinal stenosis, brachial plexus, found out that I have spina bifida, and have had basal cell cacinoma, anxiety and depression. My wife has had me file for compesation since we heard about it, Just wondering if anyone thinks that I will get anything or is it just a waste of my time. I know my quality of life has gone down to o. My biggest problem my wife said is I never went to a doctor until I was on My death bed.

Thanks in advance to any advise or suggestions

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

Thanks John999

Had an eye examine earlier this year before I was diagnoissed with DMII found out that I have

catracts, otherwise I have always wore glasses can't see without them. I don't know if catracts have anything to do with DMII.

Sorry guys for so many questions.

John is been unemployable since Aug of last year and started to recieve ssd in March of this year

Does that help for any dicissions with the VA or do they decide if your unemployable.

Thanks John's Wife

Guest jangrin

Hi again,

I would recommend you start working on getting a copy of all your medical records (both private, with the VA and your SMR's.) you will most likely need them. Just get them and start your own medical records file.

This way you will have them when you need them and won't have to wait before you can do the work on your claim.

Jangrin :)

The cataracts are most surely due to the DMII.

NVLSP (National Veterans Legal Service Program) has a strong statement as to the association of cataracts as well as atherosclerosis to DMII in the VBM . The VA knows it too- VA Training letter diabetes mellitus.

Since your husband is receiving SSDI- dont know if this is for the DMII or not- he should file a TDIU form. I will attach the form.

Some might say the form cannot be filed as he has no SC rating yet but it can be filed now-

I had vet with no SC at all who filed TDIU form and got TDIU in only four months.

Not because I am so great- his wife had taken the time to get all of his evidence together and submitted it with the TDIU form. His evidence was excellent and in order. And someone at the Buffalo RO read it all.

He had private treatment records and a good medical statement on the PTSD.

He should answer Question # 18 as Yes and then in Remarks, state that he is attaching additional page and he should list why he gets the SSDI, all of his disabilities, and also state how his medication's side affects altered his ability to work.

TDIU_form.pdf