Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim Has Stalled In Preparation For Decision Phase

Rate this question

#1Cavtrooper

Question

My claim went to the Preparation for Decision phase on 12/14/2011 and has not moved. On 3/12/2012, I sent an Iris and no reply from it so I sent another one. Varo is Houston ( backlogged). According to my vso, my claim is to be finalized this week unless they put " hardship" claims ahead of mine? How much longer???

Why arrive at the grave relatively unscaithed, rather than to skid in sideways yelling "Holy Crap! What a Ride!"

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

I would say your VSO would be in a better position to answer that since he communicates with your RO.

Coot

!!!BROKEN ARROW!!!

My Heart just sunk!! After, 24 months in gathering evidence, my claim finally went to preparing for decision, cav yours has been there since Dec 2011? Isn't preparing for a decision kind of what they are suppose to be doing at the start of your claim. Mine is also in Houston. I hope you get some very good news real soon.

Papa

@Papa... After prep for decision you have the last phase which is Notification. I filed my claim 1/23/2011. When I said "How much longer" I am "thinking out loud". Yeah, my Vso also sent them an email on Thursday.

Edited by #1Cavtrooper

Why arrive at the grave relatively unscaithed, rather than to skid in sideways yelling "Holy Crap! What a Ride!"

• HadIt.com Elder

If the VARO has had your claim for more than 18 months you should consider writing them and telling them if you don't have a decision in 30 days you will file a Writ of Mandamus. If no decision file the Writ. Review your claim and make sure that all the evidence you want them to consider is there. If so you can also write VARO and tell them to rate your claim with the evidence that they have.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

Thanks for the info Pete. I spoke to "Peggy" this morning and he said there was "activity" with my claim on March 30 (friday). I hope these next couple of weeks brings good news.