Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Brown Envelope Arrived

Rate this topic

Donna Kelley

So glad for your success, but feel for you on the wait for retro. From what I've read, if you're retired the VA has to bump any retro payments up against your DFAS account to see if you have any debts - which would be covered first before you were paid as to not create an over-payment. I'm still waiting for DFAS to create a retirement account after sending them the documents myself in Feb 2012. I'd call and bug them every day if I were you. You shouldn't have to wait/suffer while they take their time processing your retro.

Thank you for the note, it is appreciated. I just can't understand why it would take so long, just because a person is retired, they have to do an audit, send back to the VA and then the wait begins again. No one should have to suffer through this process, but we do, and it is unfortunate. I worked in customer service during my career, and I know that alot of the time delays would not be tolerated. I have many reasons that I need this back pay NOW, due to some unforeseen circumstances, but since I am at the mercy of others I will continue to take my Nexium (since this aggravating the hell out of my GERD), pray to God that I don't lose my house and car while they are doing my audit.

Thanks once again for the note,

Donna

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for the note, it is appreciated. I just can't understand why it would take so long, just because a person is retired, they have to do an audit, send back to the VA and then the wait begins again. No one should have to suffer through this process, but we do, and it is unfortunate. I worked in customer service during my career, and I know that alot of the time delays would not be tolerated. I have many reasons that I need this back pay NOW, due to some unforeseen circumstances, but since I am at the mercy of others I will continue to take my Nexium (since this aggravating the hell out of my GERD), pray to God that I don't lose my house and car while they are doing my audit.

Thanks once again for the note,

Donna

Donna -

You're welcome! I'm now waiting for the DRO to finish the review of my 2008 appeal. I opted for a DRO review in hopes this would expedite things. If all goes well, I'll be done with all (ALL) claims short of clothing allowance requests within the next few weeks. Fingers are crossed!

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use