Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

A Year Into Claim

Rate this question

MarWar75

Question

I filed for 100% April 24, 2011. After many IRIS inquires about my claim it was finally passed to a supervisor. Once it was passed to the suppervisor that same day a letter was sent to my previous employer. It also stated I need to send VA another form for a release of Dr. records. They said they contacted my VA Medical Center and a appt will be scheduled for me. So after a year and probably 8 IRIS Inquiries were only at this point? They also want statements in support of my claim that my PTSD has gotton worse. I filed for financial hardship in November and that was to expidite my claim. However, it seems someone dropped the ball.

I had a neurophycological evaluation from a private Doctor in January of 2011 for confirmation of a TBI. That Dr. stated due to my PTSD and recently diognosed TBI I should be considered unemployable. I have attempted to work 3 different jobs, was fired from a federal job and quit the other two. My TBI is not service connected yet. It has been under appeal since June of 2010. I am SC for PTSD at 50%. and other service connections for a total of 70%. My question is? Do you think because the private evaluation was for a TBI (which is not yet service connected) I still have a chance for 100% TDIU. The Dr. stated because of the TBI and PTSD I should be considered unemployable. I do receive Social Security Benifits for PTSD.

• Answers 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

The same release of information form you use to get copies of your regular medical records at the vamc would be the same form you would request a copy of your c&p exam with. If all you want is the c&p report just let the clerk know this and give him/her the date of the exam and that should be all you should need?

If you had your C&P exam conducted at the VAMC then that's where you go to get the copy. Have no idea why that receptionist said you couldn't.

The c;file is reachable at the RO you deal with. This is done by sending in a request asking for a complete copy of your c;file.

Coot

According to my VAMC I have to go through the RO to get a copy of my C & P exam. So last week I requested a copy of the exam and my C-file. Not expecting it anytime soon. It will probably be as long as their claim process.

Sorry, I've never heard of this kind of transaction for copies of C&P Examinations. Sounds like the VAMC you went to does things a little different than other's. On the other hand, I've heard a few conversations here on Hadit that some VAMC's won't give the C&P report to the Vet if the exam was about Mental Health issue's. Please don't quote me on this as I may be incorrect. What was your exam for? Also, like I mentioned before, if you had a contractor perform the C&P exam (outside of VAMC) then their not allowed to give it to the Vet's. But since you stated that your's was performed at your VAMC, and if it wasn't for Mental Health issues, Then I'm afraid I have no idea at all why. Call your RO today and ask.

Coot

Sorry, I've never heard of this kind of transaction for copies of C&P Examinations. Sounds like the VAMC you went to does things a little different than other's. On the other hand, I've heard a few conversations here on Hadit that some VAMC's won't give the C&P report to the Vet if the exam was about Mental Health issue's. Please don't quote me on this as I may be incorrect. What was your exam for? Also, like I mentioned before, if you had a contractor perform the C&P exam (outside of VAMC) then their not allowed to give it to the Vet's. But since you stated that your's was performed at your VAMC, and if it wasn't for Mental Health issues, Then I'm afraid I have no idea at all why. Call your RO today and ask.

Coot

i was told by both my dav rep and regional that i couldn't have my c&p done for depresssion until after adjudication. it took a reporter friend of mine to contact the va and get released before they awarded me 30% for depression last summer!

My C&P examine was for 100% TDIU (an increase in PTSD) Not sure why my VAMC makes you go through the RO. They wouldn't release any info to me. Maybe the Dr. was a contractor working for the VAMC.