Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd "deferred"

Rate this question

eganusn

Question

Good Afternoon all,

I was recently upgraded from 30 to 50% last month for some other conditions.

However, the PTSD that I filed under the "new" regulations have been "deferred".

On the docs submitted to me to explain the deferrment, it notes "Eligibility to treatment for

PTSD".

I submitted the documents back on 2/9/11, regarding dx of PTSD while in service, along with

other evidence tying my SC for it (I was denied by the VA for SC in 1997), and also had my

QTC on 3/14, but the VA stated on the docs that my claim for PTSD was deferred because

they need additional information.

So I truly don't get the deferral; I have complied with the VA giving them everything they need to make a decision, had the examination, so what other "information" would they need?

My guess is that the examiner gave me a low GAF score that could possibly put me in the 100% category, and that the original contention of SC versus Service aggravated is essentially in my favor, and so the raters and decision makers were basically caught with their pants down.

I base some of my guesses on the fact that the examiner was not supplied with all the information that I gave the VA some time ago, and she was surprised as well (the VA did not supply her the original dx notes that I had while on active duty). Her assesment at the beginning of the exam was for service aggravation, but she did note after my evidence was supplied that it was a pretty clear cut case of service connection.

In any case, has anyone here been in this situation as well? And what was the resolution?

Thanks ahead of time for any help.

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Berta, I certainly did make copies before I was discharged, but even so, I never would have thought that my records that I submitted to the VA would not end up in my cfile. I guess I was naive.

Cavtrooper, it took about 80 days from the time I filed for hardship to where I got approved for a increase on my Fibromyalgia.

Edited by eganusn

eganusn, How long after you filed your "hardship" did it take for claim determination?

It would HELP several of us to know this.

Thnx

Also, keep in mind that every claim is different just like every VARO is different

in their current workload - this goes for hardship claims also.

Really not possible to base or even attempt to figure out a time frame for adjudication.

I appreciate the responses to this thread. I've addressed the VA to give a response to the deferment, stating that all the evidence is in, the QTC exam is in, and that I still have a "hardship" flag on my claim, but still no one can give a reason for the deferment. On this part of my claim, it has now reached 435 days, and still waiting for resolution.

• HadIt.com Elder

I filed a NOD when a part of my DMII claim was deferred. There was no reason to defer it except the VA did not want to pay. A NOD may not be appropriate but I filed it and soon I got a decision on the deferred claim. It was positive. Having a claim deferred 400 plus days is wrong and unjust.

John

John999, agreed.

I see no justification of making anyone wait over 400 days for a resolution of their claims.

Even so, if the RO would just give a definite answer as to why its taking that long, at least

it would give me some peace of mind, but they can't even do that.