Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Not Calling Me Back...

Rate this question

11cvolley

Question

Well ever since I got awarded 70% for PTSD, did my exam for IU, and therapy came to a hold because I'm not ready to go further. Now I try to get in contact with my therapist and left a few voice mails. No response. Before I got awarded I had constant contact with her and if anything just talked about how life was going since I can't emotionally stay connect for treatment. It seems like now that I am awarded 70% and waiting on IU that they don't care anymore. IDK how many refills I have left and I haven't been able to make an appointment to see the "pill doctor". I guess on Monday I'll have to go in person to get anything going. I feel like I'm slowly falling back into denial and into my shell.

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Don't feel like its just you the VA never calls me back either. For me it is easier to just get in the car and drive to VAMC and walk up to someones desk

Well ever since I got awarded 70% for PTSD, did my exam for IU, and therapy came to a hold because I'm not ready to go further. Now I try to get in contact with my therapist and left a few voice mails. No response. Before I got awarded I had constant contact with her and if anything just talked about how life was going since I can't emotionally stay connect for treatment. It seems like now that I am awarded 70% and waiting on IU that they don't care anymore. IDK how many refills I have left and I haven't been able to make an appointment to see the "pill doctor". I guess on Monday I'll have to go in person to get anything going. I feel like I'm slowly falling back into denial and into my shell.

Keep in mind - even medical providers get sick, take vacations, have family emergencies, etc . . .

Try to contact the therapist again in a week or so.

JMHO

Outside of the fact the doctor takes time off, that are now seeing a lot more vets too.

get with you VSO on the IU part of your claim. See what you have to give the RO like the places you have last worked and why you do not work there. as per the regulation. Something your doctor can not do.

The RO has to go back so many years, as per the regulation so you do need to find out what they need. One thing a vet does is file for IU due to one SC issue like PTSD when they may have 3 or 4 other SC issue that will also keep them from working. So make sure to list a combination of all of your disabilities.

My IU is in the decision phase. The RO has all the evidence they need. The only thing they do not have is my papers from SSDI saying I have been granted SSDI. I just got those and I think I'll will only turn them into the RO if they deny my IU claim. Since I would need new evidence the papers from SSDI will cover that. After getting 70% on the first try for PTSD, doctors supporting my IU claim, and the C&P doctor making my case for IU I don't think they will deny it.