Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Not Calling Me Back...

Rate this question

11cvolley

Question

Well ever since I got awarded 70% for PTSD, did my exam for IU, and therapy came to a hold because I'm not ready to go further. Now I try to get in contact with my therapist and left a few voice mails. No response. Before I got awarded I had constant contact with her and if anything just talked about how life was going since I can't emotionally stay connect for treatment. It seems like now that I am awarded 70% and waiting on IU that they don't care anymore. IDK how many refills I have left and I haven't been able to make an appointment to see the "pill doctor". I guess on Monday I'll have to go in person to get anything going. I feel like I'm slowly falling back into denial and into my shell.

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

When was your SSDI effective? The sooner they know your SSDI ED the VA should consider that when they grant your IU effective date. That really sets your TDIU date in stone. I sent in my SSDI award letter and that was the EED I got even though it was only about 6 months. Being in decision phase I don't know what to say. If the VA knows you are on SSDI for a SC condition that is an inferred claim for IU. You never hear them admit that since they stick with the date you filed for IU. If the VA knows you have a significant impediment to employment from a SC condition the VBM says that is an inferred claim for IU.

John

When was your SSDI effective? The sooner they know your SSDI ED the VA should consider that when they grant your IU effective date. That really sets your TDIU date in stone. I sent in my SSDI award letter and that was the EED I got even though it was only about 6 months. Being in decision phase I don't know what to say. If the VA knows you are on SSDI for a SC condition that is an inferred claim for IU. You never hear them admit that since they stick with the date you filed for IU. If the VA knows you have a significant impediment to employment from a SC condition the VBM says that is an inferred claim for IU.

John

I get my first SSDI payment in two days. They are back paying me to 1-1-2011. I'm afraid if I turn it in to the RO now it will put my claim at the end of the line for decision phase. If they do approve IU I probably will file a NOD on the date of back pay and submit the SSDI paperwork.