VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Math

Rate this question

wadedenney

Question

currently I am rated at 82 paid at 80 %, and have a couple of 10%'s pending that would push me to 86% paid at 90%. Here is the Question I have a sleep Apnea claim they have denied that would pay at 50% if I pay for an IMO, if I had a combined rating of 86% and add a 50% it falls short of 95% or would the VA pay 100% sense 90 plus a 50 nets 100. Should I pay for IMO? Any advice with the NUMBERS?

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Adding one 10% will give you 84% and adding another 10% will give you 86%, which rounds to 90%. I'd have to see all your percentages to answer the sleep apnea question. An IMO could be worth it, as it raises the monthly rate about $1100 a monthly, and would pay for itself in a couple of months. jmo

pr

currently I am rated at 82 paid at 80 %, and have a couple of 10%'s pending that would push me to 86% paid at 90%. Here is the Question I have a sleep Apnea claim they have denied that would pay at 50% if I pay for an IMO, if I had a combined rating of 86% and add a 50% it falls short of 95% or would the VA pay 100% sense 90 plus a 50 nets 100. Should I pay for IMO? Any advice with the NUMBERS?

• HadIt.com Elder

And at 80%, if you are not and have not worked for awhile, you should apply for TDIU, Then if approved, you would be paid at the 100% rate. If there is no evidence that the VA had considered you previously for TDIU, you may have a claim for retro as well. They "should" have considered you automatically, when you reach a percentage that requires them to do so. Ratings combined using VA "math" can only be rounded to 100%, as they will never equal 100%.

Edited by Chuck75

thanks P Rogers and chuck 75, As for IU, I am lucky enough to have a good Job that I can still handle for know. Mr Philip Roger when I run all the numbers 70,30,10 comes to 81.1, add a 10 and a 10 it comes to 85 paid at 90, add the sleep apnea and start all over it comes to 93, so still short of 95. So am I correct to assume pay would be 90? Thanks

• HadIt.com Elder

You are correct. When I quoted 86%, it's because I was using "your" figures of "82% paid at 80%." Two more 10%'s would get you to 95% and round up to 100%. Good luck!!

pr

thanks P Rogers and chuck 75, As for IU, I am lucky enough to have a good Job that I can still handle for know. Mr Philip Roger when I run all the numbers 70,30,10 comes to 81.1, add a 10 and a 10 it comes to 85 paid at 90, add the sleep apnea and start all over it comes to 93, so still short of 95. So am I correct to assume pay would be 90? Thanks