Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C & P Exams Dumb Question

Rate this question

SpcDearman

Question

Veterans. :)

Good afternoon. I have a rather dumb question. Can C&P results be seen through e benfits. Also, if I ask for a copy of the first c & p results can i be put "back in line?". I have another shoulder exam next month and I still havent gotten out of the decision phase. Actually, e benfits show back in gathering of evidence phase. Thanks guys.

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

It's not a bad idea ... but I'm not sure eBenefits is the way to go.

Instead, how about My HealtheVet ? There already is a provision to download VA treatment records.

Of course, non-VAMC C&PEs, ie., QTC and whatever other creatures are out there, would need to be incorporated.

That wasn't a dumb question at all.

I have written to the Heads of the VBA and VHA to ask the why C & P rersults cant be attached to the ebenefits page to allow vets immediate access to those reports.

Haven't heard back yet and Dr. Bash also collaborated with me on this issue because an as IMO doctor, he has found things in C & P exams that should have gotten immediate health care attention from VA but it takes too long sometimes for the QTC exams to be available for the veteran to get a copy of. when they are needed.

An IMO should never be requested by a veteran without the results of any C & P used to deny.So that the IMO doctor can fully opine n how deficient the C & P might have been.

The results of the C & P exams are what controls us and our claims more than almost anything else.

SInce VA wants to go paperless and also wants all vets to use ebenefits, I made the point to VA that if the C & Ps could appear as downloadable or printable attachments right in ebenefits, then this would induce more vets to sign up for ebenefits

( as well as have more ability to challenge any denials.

A veteran's lawyer I know also agreed with the ebenefit C & P attachment idea

but by all means, you could write to the VBA and VHA as a veteran if you have a better idea.

Being a widow of a vet but not a vet, I am not allowed to use ebenefits or MyHealthevet so maybe best that the VA have input from a veteran rather than me as to the best way to go.

These are the people you need to contact.

Robert A. Petzel, M.D. March 13, 2012

Under Secretary for Health

Veterans Administration

810 Vermont Avenue, NW

Washington, DC 20420

and

Mr.Michael Walcoff , Acting Under Secretary for Benefits

Veterans Administration

810 Vermont Avenue ,NW

Washington DC 20420

Thanks- and please let me and Dr, Bash know of any results.

Edited by Berta

I love this idea. This way, I would be able to easily access this information and make it readily available for an IMO. I believe that VA purposely makes it harder to get this information due to them not wanting us to know what is wrong. Imagine if I could easily take whatever information that THEIR doctors place down and verify it with an independant medical examiner. I actually went to the appointment (2nd) and was told that even though my shoulders are quite damaged, there is nothing that they can do untill I build some more strength in my muscles due to not using them because of the pain. I just wanted to make sure that the C & P doctor notated this in my c-file. As fo now, I cannot be sure. I do know that I am back in the review of evidence phase 2 DAYS AFTER THE C&P EXAM. I was in the phase before that. It seems as if they are actually attempting to expedite this. If e benefits would stay up I would be able to see more.