VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Need Help - Just Getting Started

Rate this question

jrod

Question

Very hard to write but must be done. Received a 70% rating last September with 30% for mild anxiety disorder that has been a problem for 10 years. Of course I played it down a little at the mental evaluation because I didn't think it would be too distracting and wanted to be somewhat honest about it. Started a great job at $90K last summer after retiring and began having increased anxiety and frequent panic attacks. Had to give up job and blamed it on family problems. Began seeing the psychologist that did my evaluaton because I didn't know who else to go to. I need to get my rating increased and don't know how to get that going. Can anyone get me started down the right path?

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

You need to produce medical evidence that your anxiety is worse and file for an increase. Evidence could be in the form of a independent medical opinion or exam. It could also be what is in your file at the VA. Playing down your symptoms could come back to haunt you. I would try and get treatment from a doctor who does not already think your symptoms are mild. Get a new doctor if possible. Tell the truth this time. If they think you are bsing them just to get an increase they won't be helpful. This could take some time since you have to undo the damage you did to yourself by downplaying your symptoms. I would tell truthfully that your meds are not working to control your anxiety and that is what drove you to quit your job.

John

jrod,

I would stay in treatment at lease once a month with the psychologist to start a paper trail of treatment & to show that your conditions has gotten worst. Main thing get treatment. Good luck,