Jump to content
Hadit.com is funded through advertising, ad free memberships, contributions and out of pocket. Many folks use Ad Blockers and I understand why, I would ask that if you want to support HadIt.com and help keep it online add HadIt.com website as an exception ×
  • 0

Need Help - Just Getting Started



Very hard to write but must be done. Received a 70% rating last September with 30% for mild anxiety disorder that has been a problem for 10 years. Of course I played it down a little at the mental evaluation because I didn't think it would be too distracting and wanted to be somewhat honest about it. Started a great job at $90K last summer after retiring and began having increased anxiety and frequent panic attacks. Had to give up job and blamed it on family problems. Began seeing the psychologist that did my evaluaton because I didn't know who else to go to. I need to get my rating increased and don't know how to get that going. Can anyone get me started down the right path?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • HadIt.com Elder

You need to produce medical evidence that your anxiety is worse and file for an increase. Evidence could be in the form of a independent medical opinion or exam. It could also be what is in your file at the VA. Playing down your symptoms could come back to haunt you. I would try and get treatment from a doctor who does not already think your symptoms are mild. Get a new doctor if possible. Tell the truth this time. If they think you are bsing them just to get an increase they won't be helpful. This could take some time since you have to undo the damage you did to yourself by downplaying your symptoms. I would tell truthfully that your meds are not working to control your anxiety and that is what drove you to quit your job.


Link to comment
Share on other sites


I would stay in treatment at lease once a month with the psychologist to start a paper trail of treatment & to show that your conditions has gotten worst. Main thing get treatment. Good luck,

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Ads

  • Ads

  • Ads

  • Our picks

  • Ads

  • Popular Contributors

  • Ad

  • Latest News
  • veteranscrisisline-badge-chat-1.gif

  • Advertisemnt

  • 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims


    When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading
  • Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   


  • Advertisemnt

  • VA Watchdog

  • Advertisemnt

  • Ads

  • Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

    employment 2.jpeg

    You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

  • Create New...

Important Information

{terms] and Guidelines