Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Venlafaxine

Rate this question

rpowell01

Question

Anybody here taking Venlafaxine? Be careful of not taking it for two days, I just found out the hard way for the past few days....Worse medicine withdraws I ever had...

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• Founder

Been there it is the worst, plus the whole time I was on it I was very angry, I was so tense and agitated I felt like I could wanted to pop somebody's head off most of the time. I got off it and went to something else.

Tbird

Founder HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran LLC - Founded Jan 20, 1997

HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran | Community Forum | RallyPointFaceBook | LinkedInAbout Me

Time Dedicated to HadIt.com Veterans and my brothers and sisters: 65,700 - 109,500 Hours Over Thirty Years

diary-a-mad-sailor-signature-banner.png

I am writing my memoirs and would love it if you could help a shipmate out and look at it.

I've had a few challenges, perhaps the same as you. I relate them here to demonstrate that we can learn, overcome, and find purpose in life.

The stories can be harrowing to read; they were challenging to live. Remember that each story taught me something I would need once I found my purpose, and my purpose was and is HadIt.com Veterans.

Wow TBird, I don't have that issue I just can't sleep and my sleep is messed up so badly right now. Thats why I quit taking it for a few days to get my sleep straight. But after I found out about it's withdraw effects yesterday I had not choice but to take it around in the mid afternoon but of course it made me sleepy and once again my sleep is messed up. If many people have such problems with this medication why does the VA Psych doctors still prescribe it?

• Founder

Wow TBird, I don't have that issue I just can't sleep and my sleep is messed up so badly right now. Thats why I quit taking it for a few days to get my sleep straight. But after I found out about it's withdraw effects yesterday I had not choice but to take it around in the mid afternoon but of course it made me sleepy and once again my sleep is messed up. If many people have such problems with this medication why does the VA Psych doctors still prescribe it?

For some I've talked to it works very well, others felt like I did, almost everyone I've talked to talk about the withdrawal had the same problem with it. Each persons chemistry is made up differently, so you what works for one, does not work for another.

Tbird

Founder HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran LLC - Founded Jan 20, 1997

HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran | Community Forum | RallyPointFaceBook | LinkedInAbout Me

Time Dedicated to HadIt.com Veterans and my brothers and sisters: 65,700 - 109,500 Hours Over Thirty Years

diary-a-mad-sailor-signature-banner.png

I am writing my memoirs and would love it if you could help a shipmate out and look at it.

I've had a few challenges, perhaps the same as you. I relate them here to demonstrate that we can learn, overcome, and find purpose in life.

The stories can be harrowing to read; they were challenging to live. Remember that each story taught me something I would need once I found my purpose, and my purpose was and is HadIt.com Veterans.

I understand. Got Dr. Bash on my case to evaluate my records. Will be sending out a whole binder to him tomorrow so wish me luck. I have "hadit" with the VA's incorrect C&P exam statements and C&P examiners not reading over the military medical records that show current claims were issues in the military and excluding them in the requestion to the RO.

• HadIt.com Elder

20 year old drug part of the old drugs for old vets chap treatment program. I was taken off celexa to give me this.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

Hey come to find out I have been having a bad reaction to the Venlafaxine. my PD is going to take me off this med and put me on another. Of course I have to take the lower dosages first because of the withdraw effects of it. Does anybody know if Tramadol will replace the lower dosage of Venlafaxine since they both are effexors? The reason I ask is because it usually take 2 weeks for the meds to be shipped to me and I cannot wait that long to get off of Venlafaxine. I am scared it might be damaging things in my body and I really need to quit taking it. I am going to try this idea and see what happens. If I have to go through the withdraws until I get the lower dosage I am willing to go that far.