VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Q

Rate this question

j92mike

Question

I had two exams in March one on the 9th where I had 35 x rays done and some ROM.The dr told me once he got the results and was done with them he would send them back to QTC. The dr did not have my records. My second one was a mental eval on the 20th this dr had the last three months of my records. She told me she had five days to send her eval back to QTC.

I knew it took 4-6 wks to be sent back to the VA. So when the six wks was up I began my calling first the VA the person I spoke to said he could not see where the results had been recieved. So I called QTC the woman who answered the phone said it was four to six wks from my last exam. Ok. So I wait the extra two wks and call again. I lv a message for my case manager two days later I get a phone call from QTC saying I needed to have another exam done. So I had that exam done on May 11th. Breathing test and chest xray. One of the techs said she was not sure why I did not have this all done when I was there in March. (Im not sure either cause checking vital signs blood urine samples is the first thing that gets done).

Every wk since my last exam I have called QTC and left a message with my case manager and no response yet I called the VA not showing anything either.

So my question is do I have to wait an additional six wks for my results to be sent to the RO.?

Also, I claimed many conditions herniated disc sciatica being two of them. I assumed that the xrays would be to cover all conditions however a herniated disc will not show on an xray. Is it possible they will hit me with another exam or will I be rated with what they have?

NOTE: This is my claim goes back to June 2010 in Virginia. Reclaimed May 2011 in Georgia.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Berta thanks.

Yes I did get a copy of my results and it took less than 2 weeks. I called the 1800 and the rep I spoke too noticed my depedency claim was taking long and she put in a inquiry about it. I asked her how I could obtain a copy of my exam results and she requested them for me. I got a letter in the mail a couple of days later pretty much saying if it's legal to release these documents to you we will if we can find them. That is the message I pretty much got. The next week I got them in the mail and I was heated.

The Doctor didn't have my medical records. All the xrays but two came out negative. Everything we went over I guess was for nothing because he didn't document anything. He wrote I didn't have any back pain that I didn't have sciatica. During my exam he hadn't done any ROM for anything other than my arms maybe shoulders. During the exam my whole left arm went cold.

The whole appt was a sham, I spent more time with the nurse who took the hour long xrays, and ten minutes with the doctor the only time he put his hands on me was to measure my c section scar. Everything he wrote down was a on torn piece of paper less than quarter page big.

the only things found on the xrays were a cyst by my T2. Which I already knew was there, an MRI picked it up in 08 or 09 during serivce. A new condition was found cervical straigthening loss of lordosis.

For my mental health records

The Doctor noted in there that she did not have my mental health records to review just that she saw on a problem list that I had been treated for adjustment disorder with depression and anxiety.

She diagnosed me with just that.

Here is a question.

Will the RO get my mental health records from St Louis to go over before they decide on my claim?

How likely is it, that they will favor the C&P results over the clear medical evidence I have in my records pertaining to the conditions I claimed?

It was under the privacy act that I got my exam results. I finally got a ebenefits account and it showed under historical claims as closed.