VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Hearing At St. Pete/bay Pines

Rate this question

mags1023

Question

I received a letter from VA stating I am scheduled for a hearing and it will be conducted at the VARO by one of their personnel. I believe it is about them calling a CUE on themselves for pyramiding Carpal Tunnell with Cervical Radiculopathy. They are trying to take away the Cerv Radiculopathy and reduce me from 90%-80%. I have Dr's appointment scheduled for the 25th and will hopefully get him to say the right thing. He agrees that these are 2 separate conditions and my cervical radiculopathy affects or is caused by more than just my median nerve. Is that what I need him to say?

My other issue is whether I hire a lawyer or not. I have a reputable firm that will represent me, but they want 30% of my retro from appeals I have on file with effective dates of 12/2006. I don't trust the VA/Regional Office and would hate to lose to them. The American Legion sent a letter saying they will represent me at the hearing, but they probably don't know any of the facts and will only look at my file an hour before the hearing. I know the math of 70% being better than 0%. Does any one know if the lawyers normally prevail over the VA reps??

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

John, yes I would like to have your lawyer's contact info. Is the CUE one that you called on the VA or did they call it on themselves. Good luck with your appeals!

• HadIt.com Elder

Karl Kazmierczak & Kazmierczak, LLP

Attorneys at Law

593 Ramapo Valley Rd.

Oakland, NJ 07436

WWW.KazmierczakLaw.com

You can go to the website and they will get back to you. If you want to call them 201-337-7704.

Karl is doing quite a few CUE's. Mine was initiated by me not the VA. That is why it is taking five years.

Tell them I sent you and maybe I will get a break, ha! They do SSD also.

John