Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Champ Va - Scared.....can't Go Back.

Rate this question

Spent warrior

Question

Since last December I have been rated 100% totally and permanently disabled due to my service connected disability. Health care costs for my family are killing me and I want to switch them to CHAMP VA but am worried about something.

If the VA were to ever downgrade my rating and they would no longer be eligible for CHAMP VA it would be a disaster because once I cancel my federal health care benefits (retired early due to my SC problems) I would not be able to re-enroll them again. I'd have to get insurance for them on the open market at sky high rates.

Is 100% total and permanent generally that..."permanent"? My condition only worsens... but still I worry about this. Your thoughts and advice would be so appreciated.

Thank you

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

You can listen to the archived show later on today.

j

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

The Champ-VA is there as you getting the T&P so that is that. while it is not the best thing around, I tell everyone to add on the supplemental to it.

http://www.champva.us/

http://www.va.gov/hac/factsheets/champva/FactSheet01-22.pdf

James A. Bunker

Executive Director

National Gulf War Resource Center

Phone: 785-925-9887

Email: Do not post your email address.

Join us on Facebook

• HadIt.com Elder

Here is the deal. You are P and T so don't worry about it.

Now I presented the question to Champ VA during the show, . He said it is up to you to but he dis say this. Champ VA has a catastrophic cap per family of 3000.00.

If a Supplamental plan is 50 bucks per month you still save money. Also champ VA pays you back for co pays til your effective date of [p and T as long as it i s requested within 18 months of the decision. Your family likely has co pays even pharmacy so get it done.

Champ VA is free and is also secondary to federal insurance like BC/BS.. Go ahead and sign up for it. Its a great benefit and these folks treat you a lot better than someone at any regional office.

J

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

• In Memoriam

You can listen to your question being asked and answered here. Big thanks to JBasser for asking...

http://svr-radio.com/archives.html

I am sorry about the static in this program. Had tecnical problems. Your question is toward the end of the program.

Stretch

Just readin the mail

Excerpt from the 'Declaration of Independence'

We have appealed to their native justice and magnanimity, and we have conjured them by the ties of our common kindred to disavow these usurpations, which, would inevitably interrupt our connections and correspondence. They too have been deaf to the voice of justice and of consanguinity

Haven't had time to listen to the archive, so this maybe redundant...

But what if there is no other insurance? Does ChampVA still pay?

We're paying over $600 per month for insurance and would like to drop it - (who wouldn't, at that price!) but will ChampVA still pay if they're the only insurance?

Not too thrilled with the idea of using just the VA healthcare system...

Let us be kind, one to another, for we are each of us together in our pain.