VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claiming Acid Reflux Dis And Hemrrohids Secondary To Ibs

Rate this question

usmc89

Question

Okay i am going to file for hemrrohids and acid reflux secondary to IBS. Here is some info. I am SC for IBS at 30%. Her is the question when my pvt doc gave me a colonoscpy and upper endoscopy he found iner hemrrohids and scaring in my esophagus from my reflux i take omeprazolel for this. Can i claim this as secondary and can i go to the EFD which is april 27 2010. The thing that get me is that they saw the report of the colon and upper endo and did not ajudicate it . any reply and help is needed thanks.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

“The thing that get me is that they saw the report of the colon and upper endo and did not ajudicate it . any reply and help is needed thanks. “

The VA will not adjudicate anything that is not formally claimed.

“Her is the question when my pvt doc gave me a colonoscpy and upper endoscopy he found iner hemrrohids and scaring in my esophagus from my reflux i take omeprazolel for this. Can i claim this as secondary “

Yes it can be claimed but I feel you would need an IMO from this private doctor that states a full medical rationale as to the way these conditions are secondary to your IBS .

We have the IMO format and the proper wording VA looks for (" at least as likely as not etc) in our IMO forum here .

The hemmoroids could be an obvious secondary but I am not sure as to the GERD and maybe T8r will post a link to those BVA awards.

I assume you mean that the GERD as well as the hemmoriods could be caused by the IBS.

Has VA ever prescribes NSAIDS to you?

Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) ,in long term use, can be found as causing GERD and if it had been prescribed by VA, a veteran can get GERD due to the NSAIDs.and then get service connection for the GERD that way."

“3. Entitlement to an increased initial rating for gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), secondary to chronic non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug usage for the Veteran's service-connected disabilities, rated as noncompensably disabling prior to August 6, 2008 and as 30 percent disabling thereafter. “

http://www.va.gov/vetapp/wraper_bva.asp?file=/vetapp11/Files4/1134520.txt

“and can i go to the EFD which is april 27 2010.”

I dont understand that at all.

You mentioned in your profile that you are a POW.

The VA, in 2009-2010 established osteoporosis as a presumptive condition in former POWs:

https://www.federalregister.gov/articles/2009/08/28/E9-20790/presumption-of-service-connection-for-osteoporosis-for-former-prisoners-of-war

I hope you don't have this disability or even get it, but something you need to keep in mind.

Thank you for responding. Berta i am going to drop acid reflux or gerd, i am gomg with hemmrohiods plus i am not a POW i am a PGWVet; I read on one post about how the VA will speed up claims at 16 RO mine is one of them Milwakee WI RO i printed out the forms and i will be seeing my PVT doc for my Hemmrohids . I will give time lime best to my knowledge.