VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Pva Or Dav For Claim

Rate this question

Berta

Question

who is the less owned by VA?

regarding my claims for MS and MS secondary issues and spinal injury and related issues, there's no question the VA is doing as little as possible and tossing me bread crumbs and dog bones hoping this will go away.

i'm on my 3rd PVA NSO in as many years regarding all this. and of course he says the same as all the others, like he's "going to do all this super work that should have been done years ago"

there is no question in my mind the VA can and does tell the PVA NSO's "what day it is" regarding some claims.

what experiences have some of had with getting fed up with your NSO service and jumping ship to another SO?

how negatively does that effect a claim?

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Our DAV rep is a worthless moron. I'm doing all work myself right now.

as you can read on this thread, seems its getting more and more that way. i'm not far behind on that myself.

good luck and get all the info you can.

Picking a VSO is problematic. If you find a knowledgeable and competent VSO who has won claims for Vets, he will likely be too busy to assist you.

However, the rookies or ones who have made Vets mad have lots of time to do your POA!

this sounds more like "check" or maybe even "check mate".

bronco - thanks for the compliment and I agree for the most part. Part of the problem is that the VA trains the VSO's, thereby making them pretty much worthless. They are not taught how to win claims, they merely show them how to fill out forms and how to avoid filing the claims, in the first place. It's not their fault . . . it's the VA's. jmo

pr

its a rigged system then and there is something seriously wrong with this picture. i really hope veterans call a national strike day to bring awareness to it. i'm sure the VA legal dept is laughing at all us veterans fighting this system according to their rules. i'm not putting my head in the sand. it is what it is, its corrupt. even a circuit court deemed it as such though it got that decision appealed.

I had one DAV rep who was semi-good...but also lost a big claim for me because he didn't prepare me for his pivotal question at a hearing. That's right, it was his question that shot down my claim not a hearing officer's question! Still, while he didn't mean to do that, it could have been avoided with a little bit of preparation.

The of the other two DAV SVOs, one was openly hostile towards me, and the other didn't or wouldn't read

how my claim should have been rated.