VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

No Pay

Rate this question

Buster

Question

I was injuried in Iraq and when I came home the VA doctor said I was unemployable so I can't receive unemployment but I haven't been rated on my disability yet so I'm not receiving any income. Isn't there something for people while they are stuck in the middle and trying to survive?

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

As for my last response, I'm not certain about the staff infection, do a little research on the internet about it and any related health risks. I would contact your local national VA office about an expedited claim and get to the Social Security office with that note pronto too! I'm not certain that worker's comp would cover you or not, it does with any other employer.

Buster,

If you are having problems financially there is not a lot that can be done for you. However, if you have letters from any creditors saying they are going to sue and such, especially if it's for Mortgage reposession, or utilities being cut off, you can get your claim expedited for these reasons. You say that your rated unemployable, what all have you filed for?

What state are you in? What VA hospital and Regional Office do you deal with? You have what seems to be a solid case, but we need all of your info to help you out bro. Thanks for your service. We are here to help you out.

If you have said documentation listed above, you can go to your congressmans office, most have assistants set aside for veteran issues, and show them the paperwork, and they can send to VA to expedite your claim. But you have to be able to prove the hardship. Just the fact that you are not able to pay bills and such is not enough for them. Hell we are all in that boat. It has to be verified with letters and such.

Guest DON20906

You may be able to apply for temporary help from the Service Charity associated with your military department. They are:

Air Force: http://www.afas.org/index.cfm

Army: http://www.aerhq.org/

Navy and Marine Corps: http://www.nmcrs.org/

I was injuried in Iraq and when I came home the VA doctor said I was unemployable so I can't receive unemployment but I haven't been rated on my disability yet so I'm not receiving any income. Isn't there something for people while they are stuck in the middle and trying to survive?

Buster -even though your vet rep may disagree because you have no SC rating yet-

I strongly suggest you file the TDIU form attached-

I got a vet with no SC rating , TDIU in 3-4 months from the same RO who has been farting around with me and many other claimants for years-

Question # 18-check yes and follow Pete's advise- re the SSA-

Remarks- refer them to a separate page and tell them all of your disabilities and that your are unemployable

per VA doctor -whoever- add that you are applying for Social Security Benefits per # 18.

Sign this (make a copy first) send it to them priority with tracking slip and try to get a copy of that doctor's statement from him- it is probably in your med recs-

TDIU_form.pdf

• HadIt.com Elder

Buster,

Berta is certainly correct! If you can't work because of your claimed disabilities, then file the VA Form 21-8940! It doesn't matter if you already have service-connection or not. Numerous veterans I have helped have filed for Individual Unemployability (IU) along with their original VA Form 21-526. The VA worked the claims and at the same time addressed the IU issue, thus protecting the earliest effective date.

Vike 17