VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Help

Rate this question

Moody

Question

My claim went from decison phase to review of evidence I did an IRIS and was told it was sent back for a pending qtc so I called qtc an was told I dont have a pending appointment so I then responsed to the IRIS saying such they said the will contact the regional office so I get a response back saying they are waiting on my qtc results so I said the only qtc I have is from back in febuary and the va received those resluts back in march so my question of why did my claim go back has still not been answered. So my question is what can I do or can anyone help me should I get a lawyer I am soooooooooooooooooooo tired of all this and I really dont have anymore energy I have thought about withdrawing my claim but I really dont want to I mean 17 months in and to be in the same place I started is just to much. Sorry if my post is a little hard to follow I just dont know what to do I am tired.

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Moody......perserverance= steady persistence in a course of action..a purpose ..especially in spite of difficulties or discouragement.. and add alot of deep breaths too..

remember time means nothing to the govt. you hear of plenty retros being paid out. hang in there.. and good luck!

Moody,

Please hang in there!! You've waited this long, so why withdraw the claim now? I felt the same way many times, just wanting to be done with the claim and the VA, but decided I was not going to give in to those feelings. Finally, it did get to a resolution. Do you have an advocate working with you? In my claim, I did make use of and got the POA rep. to give me more info. than what I was able to obtain directly. Good luck!!

If you withdraw the claim you know without a doubt that it won't be approved.

I recently found out 14 months after an exam that the DRO has decided that the exam is insufficient. So they are requesting a medical opinion. However, my file is not at the VAMC, nor is it in transit to the VAMC. It resides in a stack with other files waiting its turn for someone to request the medical opinion. Once it took Detroit VARO 140 days to have somone send out a request for records.

The sad truth is when your C&P exam results came in no one read them, the file was checked off that the results were back and it then sat and waited until they were ready to make the decision. Then during the decision phase you have waited 17 months for, they decide the exam has a problem. That moves the whole thing back to gathering evidence as they seek a new exam or ask the examiner to finish the details from the exam they conducted months/years ago. Again when the file comes back no one will read it, it will be checked off as action complete and will wait months for someone to pick it back up to do something with it. If the exam still isn't right the process starts over.

If you withdraw - They Win!

If you withdraw - the system works just the way they intend it too!

Best regards,