Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

File New Claim While In Dro Appeal

Rate this question

jcolwell

Question

New to this forum.

I have filed for IHD and GERD as a Thailand Veteran direct exposure for perimeter security augmentee and jet engine mechanic.

I have lots of other medical diagnosis ( HTN, DM 2, Chronic Renal Disease stage 3 ) I have not filed new claims thinking it is better to try to get the big 2 items decisions addressed first rather than muddy the claim. Input wlcome Jc

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

New to this forum.

I have filed for IHD and GERD as a Thailand Veteran direct exposure for perimeter security augmentee and jet engine mechanic.

I have lots of other medical diagnosis ( HTN, DM 2, Chronic Renal Disease stage 3 ) I have not filed new claims thinking it is better to try to get the big 2 items decisions addressed first rather than muddy the claim. Input wlcome Jc

Yes, you run the risk they would bundle them together and delay the others to process the most recent....

Yes, you run the risk they would bundle them together and delay the others to process the most recent....

Dang - looks like you and I are thinking the same on this issue : - )

It's not supposed to work that way but many times it does.

JMHO

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

Yep, It was diagnosed today by private physicians..........not a good day at this house. Had a new battery in the old AICD on Friday........He just wants to know what next. .The week can only get better. He has very good docs and a RN to keep him on track. Thanks

Dang - looks like you and I are thinking the same on this issue : - )

It's not supposed to work that way but many times it does.

JMHO

I learned it the hard way, Carlie, I am sorry to write. They took my new evidence for the IU and made them new claims and then tried to bundle the new claims with the granted BVA appeal. From everything I read that should have never happened, but it did. It would have added another year of waiting. I will never know for sure if it was the Office of Case Management at BVA or my senator that broke the log jam but one of them was instrumental