Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Anti-Success Story

Rate this topic

Rob m

One year ago today (26 July, 2011) a big brown envelope from the VA arrived stating I was found to be 80% service connected and would receive $x,xxx per month. I thought great, I need the money and while I am working, it is getting difficult and I could use the financial assistance. I waited a few months and never received anything so I called and was told to be patient, sometimes it takes a few months, so I waited. 3 or 4 more months passed, again no money so I called again and was told the same thing, so I waited. Another 3 or 4 months passed and I called again, Peggy told me she had never seen anything like this and would get to the bottom of it. I called last week, same story, no new information but Peggy did say “ at least your retro is growing larger”, I am beyond tired of the situation.

My advice to all vets who receive the “big brown envelope and letter” do not count on, spend, expect or make any plans for your newly awarded funds until you have a check in hand or deposit into your account. Again, I thought I would have had this long, long ago and I am still waiting with no expectation of anything happening anytime soon

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I responded to your other post in Claims Research forum ,with some suggestions.

Let me ask you did you sign up for direct deposit while you were on the phone with the VA?

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use