Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Got It 100% Tdiu P&t

Rate this topic

MarWar75

Got my white envelope in the mail went from 70% to 90%. I guess when they did my C&P exam for TDIU they increased some of my other compensations.

sorry i'm new to this still....so congrats all the same but do you have 70, 90, or 100% now?

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats! I'm just starting my own TDIU claim. Do you have any advice on building a winning case? I'm in the middle of filling out Form 21-8940.

I'm a bit concerned because, since I lost my last job in 2011, I haven't applied for another a full-time job. Just some short-term consulting gigs. Also, the full-time job I lost in 2011 was at a company I started and still own. (I had to hire a manager as my replacement)

The only evidence I have is a statement from my Thai doctor saying I'm not able to work due to my disabilities and the fact that I haven't had a full-time job in a few years. The statement is a strong one though.

Do you mind if ask what other evidence you provided?

Also, did you specifically ask for or in some way claim P&T?

Thanks!

LIT

Edited by lostinthailand

MarWar congrats you have earned every bit of that...

lostinthailand....Any letter from a doctor usually holds more weight. Make sure you send in a copy of that with your claim form 21-8940. Also you said you own a company but you had to quit working because of your disabilities? And you hire a manager to take your place? Since you are the owner of the company I don't know how the VA is going to be able to send a form to your employer to fill out because this would be a conflict of interest...They probably won't send it because I don't think they sent one to my last employer, who knows I have medically retired because of my service connected disabilities. This will be a hard case. Maybe JBasser can give you some tips on this.