Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Can't Get In Contact With Social Worker

Rate this question

11cvolley

Question

late 2011 I got awarded 80% total for ptsd and asthma. (70ptsd / 30asthma) My last appoint I had with my social worker was suppose to be over a month ago but I missed it. Last week and a half I called her extension five times and left voice mails 3 times. I know I haven't been in contact with her for around two months. Did I do something wrong and I can no longer see her because I went so long and missed an appointment? I feel like the VA is conspiring against me to take my rating away. I can't call and complain about her because then I think she or anyone else I see there will try their best to mess with my rating. What should I do?

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

Just commenting from my own experience.....I had problems getting in contact with my VA therapist by phone and then remembered that I had her business card in my files from our very first session. I ended up contacting her by email and she replied back and I was rescheduled for an appointment. I personally like a "paper trail" when I'm having problems contacting people...to prove that I made every effort etc..

Is there a main office number that you could call or email?

• HadIt.com Elder

11cvolley - are you hooked up w/healthEvet and secure messaging?? If so, I'd send an email or two until I get an answer. If not, I'd look into it, as it also keeps track of appts. Emails leave an electronic trail whereas phone calls/messages disappear. She could have dropped you depending on how many meetings you've missed. The VA frowns on missing appts, w/o notifying them ahead of time and w/good reason. A missed appointment could be used by another needy vet.

pr

Volley,

You might also contact your PCP (doctor) and ask them to check on it.

That way it also gets in writing and can light a lil fire under your social worker.

p.s. some people's voicemail still exists long after they've quit / been fired / died, so you could call the main department number and tell them of your difficulties contacting her.

Edited by Notorious Kelly

• HadIt.com Elder

It is impossible to get anyone at a VAMC unless you have direct number. Instead of one Peggy they have dozens. Go to the VAMC and look for the Social Workers Office. They are well hidden but the info desk peole can direct you.

I left a voice mail to the lady in charge of the ptsd clinic early yesterday. She has not called be back yet either. At the end of this month I have an appointment with my ptsd doctor. If have not made contact by then I will address it in person.