Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Major Depressive Disorder

Rate this question

caubulldog

Question

How hard is it to move from 50% to 70%. I have two years of treatment and fit some of the next level of criteria but am uncertain if I want to waste my time filing for a reconsideration or a Nod since I just received the 50% in Febuary 2012 based on a C&P opinion only. Your comments and advice are welcomed.

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Are you able to work 40 hours a week? Are you able to maintain relationships like marriage or long term GF/BF? If you answer "yes" to these questions then you probably won't get 70%, but who knows? If you don't appeal it you will never know. I would try and get an IMO to bolster my claim.

Thanks still working with accommodations from boss. marriage is suffering but still doable for salvage so I think it may be left alone for now. I must say was impressed with Foia request,New Orleans filled it in less that a month for my full claim file.

• HadIt.com Elder

Stay in treatment and gather evidence for the day you cannot work any more. If you get 30% you can get 100%. Most of us started just like you with a lower rating but as time went by we appealed and got higher ratings.