VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Avandia Prescribed By Va

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

I was prescribed Avandia by VA and eventually had the prescription cut off with no word from VA as to why or instructions as what to do. While I was taking it I had two silent heart attacks and a stent placed in for a blocked artery. I joined a class action suit and yesterday was informed that I was in a class with a major event while taking Avandia and I had gotten 35,000 which will be dispursed in 2 checks one in four monts for 10,500 and another later for that amount or more depending on what a judge thought.

Frankly I did not expect to win much money and that the lawyers would get most of it. They get 33 1/3% and there are some other court approved reimbursements for some nicky nacky things. I neted 60% approximately.

My question to the 1151 experts is on learning this and fact VA prescribed and did not warn me as to why they stopped this medication make an 1151 claim?

I suspect that I could probably get the VA to settle if I have a course of action. I am not interested in going after the VA if there is no chance I am frankly tired of dealing with them.

My plans for this winfall is to buy a new central a/c pay off debts and let Mrs Pete spend the remainer as she sees fit.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice win Pete and glad you survived. I think the drug company is given out the money in hopes they can not face future claims if something else happens to those that took it and already had some problems!

Can't help on 1151 just wanted to say congrats!

Edited by stillhere

Let me tell you bout AVANDIA!!!!

I started AVANDIA in 1997 by the year 2004, i had 8 mycarial infractions [heart attack]18 heart catherizations,MULTIPLE ANGIOPLASTY,5 STENTS ,{ICD}DEFRIBULATR WITH PACEMAKER many TIA strokes with one large, and on small stroke on the left side,and many other TIA'S

It gave me CONGESTIVE HEART FAILURE,ISCHEMIC HEART DISEASE,CARDIOVASCULAR DISTRESS ,24 TRIPS TO THE HOSPITAL,and any other heart problems you can think of.

If you have taken it ,or are taking it ,trust me the med is not worth your life

I changed to [MATMORPHIN 1000mg twice a day and i have no problems with reactions ,like i did with AVANDIA

I am only telling you this ,to try and help [don't trust doctor with your life drugs] do some research on every drug to find out if the drug interacts with other drugs ,or has bad reactions ,that could kill you

Live long enough to enjoy the VA benifits and your family for awhile

I am convince that the VA doesn't care whether i or you die or not

This drug got a warning label in 1998 ,but we trusted a doctor to tell us

By the way i just got out of the hospital again because the DR put me on ISOBORBIDE which is dangerously lowers your heat rate and blood pressure within 5 miniutes

In the end i guess it depends on what your body will stand [beware of new drugs] and do your reasearch,

GOD bless you and all of the VETS on this site, and GOD bless the USA

Edited by doogie

You did not ask this question, but ....

Before you spend too much of that future money, I'd suggest some research on whether all, some, or none of your settlement is taxable. A good place to start on your own is IRS Pub 525 http://www.irs.gov/p...rs-pdf/p525.pdf , page 31 and following.

On another veterans' site, there is a link to a tax attorney for tax questions. This might be a good time to click on it.

I was prescribed Avandia by VA and eventually had the prescription cut off with no word from VA as to why or instructions as what to do. While I was taking it I had two silent heart attacks and a stent placed in for a blocked artery. I joined a class action suit and yesterday was informed that I was in a class with a major event while taking Avandia and I had gotten 35,000 which will be dispursed in 2 checks one in four monts for 10,500 and another later for that amount or more depending on what a judge thought.

Frankly I did not expect to win much money and that the lawyers would get most of it. They get 33 1/3% and there are some other court approved reimbursements for some nicky nacky things. I neted 60% approximately.

My question to the 1151 experts is on learning this and fact VA prescribed and did not warn me as to why they stopped this medication make an 1151 claim?

I suspect that I could probably get the VA to settle if I have a course of action. I am not interested in going after the VA if there is no chance I am frankly tired of dealing with them.

My plans for this winfall is to buy a new central a/c pay off debts and let Mrs Pete spend the remainer as she sees fit.