Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

After 23 Months! A Little Long But I Want To Tell It...

Rate this topic

Inthewind

Ahhhhh...chinavet, if only it were over!! They withheld 55% of my retro pay to get DFAS to do an audit for CRSC/CRDP. The good thing is that I've already seen a new RAS that shows my waiver going to $0 as of October 1st, so hopefully this speaks to a completed audit and return back to the VA. Meaning now it's back in their hands so all they should have to do is cut me another check. I'm hoping...I could really use that extra $. It's been a pretty rough past few years (almost four to be exact! Can anyone tell me what the coincidence of that is?)

So I'm basically back to a waiting game, but with a much better attitude!

Once DFAS releases it back to the VA it will take around 30 to 60 days to see it in your bank. DFAS witheld $5.00 for my VA waiver. I really don't remember how long mine took, but I know it wasn't longer than 60 days. Then all of a sudden they deposit all my retro money in my bank. Good luck, and Congrats.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks aggie54.

I read most of the info on DFAS website. And, if I calculate correctly, I think DFAS will owe me like $132.00 on top of the rest of what the VA still owes me.

I've also not been able to find anything, anywhere, in the forums of anyone having their retro payments split. Weird. You'd think there would be more mentioned about it.

Thanks aggie54.

I read most of the info on DFAS website. And, if I calculate correctly, I think DFAS will owe me like $132.00 on top of the rest of what the VA still owes me.

I've also not been able to find anything, anywhere, in the forums of anyone having their retro payments split. Weird. You'd think there would be more mentioned about it.

I don't know about the split monies. I retired in Aug 2010, but I put my claim in July 2010 and they give me 90% with several issues deferred in May 2012 with 17 months of retro with an effective date of March 2012 but I didn't get my money until May 2012. I also qualified for concurrent pay, so like I said they only witheld $5.00. Hopefully you see your money soon. I really don't think it will take you that long to get your money because you have already been receiving some money from the VA so you're in the system already. Good Luck.

inthewind

I am also trying to find more information on DFAS for split pay, but not having to much luck. I will ask around tomorrow and see if I can find any information for you. I am blind from my left eye so sometimes I call onlly stay on the computer for short periods due to the right eye straining, sorry, but I will help as much as I can. Can you believe that, that was one of the deferred issues, my blind eye which is service connected. Don't know about the VA sometimes haha, maybe their just over worked.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use