VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

24 Months And Still No Movement

Rate this question

devildog2061

Question

I'm going through a DRO Review appeal for increase PTSD and IU. It has been 24 months, and I've had my C&P

on the 17th of July. There has been absolutely no movement on E-Benefits. It does state that I submitted for an

appeal and the claim is still at the RO local office, but hasn't provided any steps that it may have gone through so

far. I call the 1-800 number and customer service stated that it's with the DRO waiting C&P, and rating. Why has'nt

there been any movement on E-Benefits ? Is this normal this late in the process ?

• Answers 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Make room for one more, I've had my appeal in for PTSD increase and IU for 2 years today strange enough. Their letter says they confirmed my NOD's September 17, 2010. I have yet to see any movement whatsoever, let alone have another C&P. No impact no idea....

I'm going through a DRO Review appeal for increase PTSD and IU. It has been 24 months, and I've had my C&P

on the 17th of July. There has been absolutely no movement on E-Benefits. It does state that I submitted for an

appeal and the claim is still at the RO local office, but hasn't provided any steps that it may have gone through so

far. I call the 1-800 number and customer service stated that it's with the DRO waiting C&P, and rating. Why has'nt

there been any movement on E-Benefits ? Is this normal this late in the process ?

I definitely understand your frustration. I hit my 28 month mark yesterday. (It sounds less painful to say 28 months, than to say 2 years and 4 months.) I'm out of the Houston VARO, which is apparently notorious for lost information, delays, frustration, long lines and paranormal activity. (OK...I just made the paranormal activity up....but wouldn't it be cool if it did happen there....particularly to the raters. ;-) ) Keep the faith, and just think of it as being on some giant conveyer belt moving along and that as long as your file doesn't get pulled due to a Congressional inquirty (I'm guilty of that), or questions asked (I'm guilty of that too), additional conditions claimed in the middle of the initial claim process (guilty...again), and there is no other weirdness......then it should reach it's destination.....hopefully.

Good luck on your claim, and thanks for your service to our country.

Mark

I definitely understand your frustration. I hit my 28 month mark yesterday. (It sounds less painful to say 28 months, than to say 2 years and 4 months.) I'm out of the Houston VARO, which is apparently notorious for lost information, delays, frustration, long lines and paranormal activity. (OK...I just made the paranormal activity up....but wouldn't it be cool if it did happen there....particularly to the raters. ;-) ) Keep the faith, and just think of it as being on some giant conveyer belt moving along and that as long as your file doesn't get pulled due to a Congressional inquirty (I'm guilty of that), or questions asked (I'm guilty of that too), additional conditions claimed in the middle of the initial claim process (guilty...again), and there is no other weirdness......then it should reach it's destination.....hopefully.

Good luck on your claim, and thanks for your service to our country.

Mark

And ......I just read your initial post even closer, and now realize that you are on DRO review....which is different from the initial claim that I am filing. Sorry about the misunderstanding. I need to finish my first cup of coffee before responding to posts I think. At any rate, it's still a "hide and watch" type system here. They will move at their own pace no matter who or what intervenes it would seem. Good luck though, and I hope you get the increases that you requested.

Peace out, and have a great weekend.

Mark