Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Filed Complaint Against Regional Office After Losing Evidence 2Nd Time

Rate this question

georgiapapa

Question

Well I have either shot myself in the foot and put my current claims on the real slow track or I will get some action going on my claims. I simply reached my breaking point with my local VARO and I sent a written complaint to the VA through IRIS requesting an in person meeting with the person in charge of my local VARO. I advised that if the meeting could not be arranged, I wanted telephone numbers, names and addresses of the Inspector General of the Veterans Administration and the Director of the Veterans Administration. I am ready to fly to Washington if necessary if that is what it will take to straighten out the mess my claim is in due to the incompetence at my local VARO.

I filed claims for AO multiple myeloma and Peripheral Neuropathy secondary to multiple myeloma in 2011. I submitted all of my evidence via certified mail in 2011 and my VARO lost the evidence. As a result, I hand delivered copies of my entire evidence package to my VARO in May 2012. Although I had the first six pages of my evidence date stamped, which is all they would date stamp, the "Evidence Received" section on my Ebenefits indicated the VARO did not receive any evidence unti August 19, 2012.

I had my C & P exam on September 12, 2012 for my claims. I received a copy of the report and the VA examiner indicated in her report that I had multiple myeloma and she also indicated my peripheral neuropathy was as likely as not secondary to my multiple myeloma. Sounds good but read on.

Based on the C & P report, I thought everything was back on track with my claim until I received a letter from my VARO today requesting evidence in support of my claims. The requests were for evidence I had previously submitted in 2011 and 2012. Also, they asked for evidence showing that I had received medical treatment for my current "skin condition" which they indicated was multiple myeloma, within one year of my last exposure to agent orange. Although I submitted approximately 100 pages of doctor reports, lab reports, diagnostic test reports, IMOs, military records of Vietnam service, etc; the morons at my VARO think that multiple myeloma is skin cancer and must manifest itself within one year of exposure to agent orange. Multiple myeloma is a blood cancer in the bone marrow and has nothing to do with the skin. It also does not have to manifest itself within one year of agent orange exposure. The VARO has myeloma confused with melanoma which is a skin cancer. It is hard for me to believe the VA has persons working on AO claims who do not have a working knowledge of the AO diseases.

The letter I received today from my VARO also had a list of the evidence they claimed they had received from me. According to their list, I had only submitted five documents or about a dozen pages rather than the approximately 100 pages I actually submitted on two previous ocassions. They don't even show my diagnosis letters or my IMOs yet they sent me for a C & P exam. Now they have given me to October 25th to submit my evidence, for the third time. In my IRIS complaint, I asked for the in person meeting with the person in charge of my VARO to take place before October 25th.

I am sorry for the long post but I had to vent to people who understand exactly how I feel. I do not mind waiting my turn, I just don't like being sent back to the end of the line because of the mistakes and incompetence of my VARO.

If anyone has any comments or suggestions, please let me know.

Georgiapapa...

P.S.- I have three other claims I plan to file for IHD, mental health disorder & a scar rating for a service connected shoulder injury but I am holding off until I can straighten this mess out on my current claims.

• Answers 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question