VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

4 Different Regional Offices

Rate this question

broncovet

Question

Berta once commented on how, when you read things again , you often get something new you missed the first time.

It did not dawn on me until the other day that my claim has been in 4 different Regional Offices: St. Pete, Philly, Roanoke and Cleveland.

The VA only told me my claim was transferred to Roanoke. The others, I found out later.

I was passed around like a "hot potatoe".

Naturally, stuff "got lost". Calling Peggy or emailing Iris yielded conflicting answers.

At least one "online ex VA employee" who claimed to know it all, said the decision to transfer a claim to another RO is made by head honchos, not at the RO.

I see 2 possible explanations:

First, there is a "void" in VA management: This opinion is shared by at least two members of congress:

http://www.nvf.org/news/house-vets-chair-says-va-has-%E2%80%98-leadership-void%E2%80%99

The other possibility is the VA is bullying me, kind of like when I was in grade school. The high schoolers would steal my lunch and they play "keep away" catch with me. When I finally did get my lunch back it was all mixed up and the thermos was broken. I did get even with at least one of the high schoolers who destroyed my lunch and thermos.

I was in a shop class with him, and he was welding, and snuck out the back door for a cigarette. He told me to tell the teacher he went to the bathroom. Instead, I took the torch and heated up the handle of his pliers.

He came back, and grabbed the pliers. I laffed so hard I nearly cried.

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

The way transfer issues were explained to me was that different Regional offices have specialty claims processing for certain types of claims. The majority of these types of claims involve a certain level of complexity. Ronoake and Huntington WV are two that come into the picture.

Cleveland Ohio used to be the home of a Tiger Team for claims.

This many transfers concern me. It tells me someone does not want to make a decision so they pass it lke a football.

Just hope they dont pass it to the BVA and the BVA passes it to the AMC where it will sit for an eternity.

J

Thanks for your replies

Basser...

Yes, the AMC is a black hole to where claims go to die, never to be heard from again. Like you, I think the VA passes around claims they dont want to decide like a football. Kind of like a desperate team that laterals the ball back again and again in a desperate attempt to score on the last play or 2. They usually result in a fumble.

Chinavet:

Yes, my BVA decision was about 4 issues. Two were "denied" One was "remanded" and my earlier effective date was a "partial grant", since I had sought an effective date from 2002, but they awarded part of it, to 2006.

Fast letter 10-02 talks about "partial grants". You see when the BVA awards benefits, the RO has to implement it. The BVA had been delaying implementing the grant, while they worked on the remand. The FAst letter prohibits that.

Papa

Yep. About tho only thing worse than transferring a claim to Waco would be transferring it the the AMC.