VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Some Info For Texas Va Claimants

Rate this question

carlie

Question

"Good News for Veterans’ Claims Languishing in Texas

On October 3, 2012, in Department of Veterans Affairs, Disabled Veterans, VA Disability Benefits, by CharlesSheehanMiles

Congress Hears How TVC Helps VBA

On September 21, 2012, Bergmann & Moore’s Director of Veterans Outreach and Public Affairs Paul Sullivan attended the House Veterans’ Affairs Committee’s hearing on the claims backlog in Texas.

At the hearing, three highly respected veteran advocates shared with the House Veterans’ Affairs Committee (HVAC) how they are expediting veterans’ disability claims processing in Texas.

The advocates described how Governor Rick Perry (R-TX) authorized $1.5 million in funds over two years for the Texas Veterans Commission (TVC), a state agency, to hire teams of state workers to help process 17,000 claims languishing at Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) regional offices in Waco and Houston."

Full Article:

http://vetlawyers.com/vetblog/index.php/2012/10/

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Maybe, they will get to mine before they move my claim to the Smithoian Institute, and put it next to some stone age art.biggrin.png

Papa

Maybe if they get the C&P right the first time and have to not have 3 MORE then that will save a bit of time. I'm still waiting and filed my initial in may of 2011. My estimated completion date was 8/5/2012.

• HadIt.com Elder

Like a lot of VA hype Texas does not have that much to brag about in my opinion took over 2 years to work my claim.

I really dont see it as bragging that you have 51,000 claims and you just now decide to try to reduce the backload. 1.5 million does help and i am not complaining but why does it take so long to do the right thing. We risk our life for love of family and country and look how we are treated. I have a general question. has there ever been any study to dtermine what percentage of RO's have ever had military service?

Its nothing but BS...it took over two years to work my claim, and the appeal was sent to Houston last year February and it still has not been certified to the BVA..... While teh state of Texas does have some great benefits ( evens gives free plates for those under 100%) it has no idea how to process benefits.. and likely will make things worse if thats possible.