Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Appointment For A Video Conference With Mental Health Dr..help Explain

Rate this topic

bdwopster

Hi guys,

First I would like to thank everyone for their service to our country!!! I just recently been awarded 70% disability for PTSD in September after 18 months of waiting. I have not filed for any increases nor do I have any other claims in process. I just spoke with the folks at the va and they mentioned that I have a appointment with the mental health doctor through video monitor. I live in a town located about 45 minutes from New Orleans where the doctor is located. Can anyone tell me what does this mean? Not sure what to expect. Any thoughts are welcome.

Thanks

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats on the 70% award. Did you put in for TDIU? Do you have a VSO who helps you with your claim? Have you received the deposit in your bank account yet? Do you work? Have you applied for social security disability? Hope someone can also chime in if they have any idea why the VA would schedule this unless there was something else in your claim filing status request...

Was it your VAMC that scheduled the appointment? Where are you supposed to

go for the appointment? It could be its just for treatment. Sounds kind of strange,

but I remember reading somewhere of vets who couldn't travel to VAMC for whatever

reason had video appts.

Good Luck,

Bob K

First you would want to check to see if this is a "C and P" exam, or a docs appointment.

If this is a C and P exam, and you did not seek an increase, it could be the VA trying to reduce you, or it could also be, as suggested, for TDIU.

You see, if the VA KNOWS you are not working and you are 70% or better, TDIU is, or should be, inferred. So, you could have a TDIU claim in even if you did not specifically apply for TDIU. I wont give the case reference as this probably been posted before.

If you want case law, you could try looking in the fast letters for TDIU.

Even if this is a potential C and P reduction exam, the VA has to send you a letter of a proposed reduction.

So there are 3 possibilities:

1. Its a C and P exam for TDIU

2. Its a C and P exam for a possible reduction.

3. Its just a plain ole doc appointment to see how you are doing on your meds, and has nothing to do with your benefits.

It could be just a normal appointment.I went through about a year of seeing my doc through video because my local clinic did not have enough Mental Health docs and the VA Medical Center was over a hundred miles away.I just went to the clinic and they put me in a closet sized room with a video set up and the doctor and I went over how things were going, med changes , etc.Since then they hired some more Phsychiatrists and now I get to see my doc in person ( which I like much better).Hopefully that is the case with you...Thank you for your service and I hope everything works out well.......................Grid

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use