Sponsored Ads

• Latest Donations

• Advertisemnt

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Ads

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Sponsored Ads

• Searches Community Forums, Blog and more

• Donation Box

Please donate to support the community.
    We appreciate all donations!
tmoe

Trouble Getting Pain Medicine

Hello everyone I was wondering if anyone else been having trouble getting pain meds or narcotic meds from VA, since

1-2012 my primary doctor was telling me I had to take a drug test to get my meds I refuse there test and was told it is VA policy

not to give narcotic pain pills without a drug test. This all started after I told the Dr I smoke a little pot to help for pain,bad move he

didn't like that at all.Then I ask him to write an opinion for me,couldn't do that. I cant work no where,why do you need a drug test if

I am telling you I smoke waste of money and I have nothing to hide and its not your business.

I ask for a new doctor & had my first appointment today with her, a young pretty Indian lady like fresh out of school but she wrote

the prescription for the narcotics pain meds with no problem and is willing to write the opion I need. If you are having trouble with

a doctor you might want to try getting a new dr that is willing to work with you. She even says its known that pot help with pain and

is no reason for not giving me pain meds. Every doctor is different than the other just thought i would share this with you. Thanks

Ad

tmoe,

You might not recall signing a Pain Med Agreement - I'm figuring the urine tests are to ensure you're taking the pills and not selling them.

You're also not allowed to self-medicate (pot) while getting pills from the VA.

So, I don't think you have much of a case with this. Sorry.

You are not alone.. all I ever seem to get from the va is Motrin or some other useless medication. I have never been asked to sign a contract with the va but if they would give me the pain meds I would sign the silly thing.. I am actually considering a move to a state that allows weed to be used as medication... eventually every state will be prescribing weed for pain ... and it will be very easy to get it compared to other meds....

Hidden

You are not alone.. all I ever seem to get from the va is Motrin or some other useless medication. I have never been asked to sign a contract with the va but if they would give me the pain meds I would sign the silly thing.. I am actually considering a move to a state that allows weed to be used as medication... eventually every state will be prescribing weed for pain ... and it will be very easy to get it compared to other meds....

I don't smoke it,but Colorado and I think Washington just passed it as legal. I think its going to be challenged in the supreme court by the federal government though.

tmoe,

You might not recall signing a Pain Med Agreement - I'm figuring the urine tests are to ensure you're taking the pills and not selling them.

You're also not allowed to self-medicate (pot) while getting pills from the VA.

So, I don't think you have much of a case with this. Sorry.

Maybe you misunderstood something I got 90 hydrocodone Thursday from my first visit

so what I was saying its all up to the doctor also I 'M not in pain management had 5 years of that never sign no contract or never will

I just feel it not their business (just my thought not saying I am right in any way) I am unemployable so what else can i do I take to much medicine

to drink and i dont like pills but i have no choice. If you get a good doctor he will take care of you try it I did and so far so good. I have not got pain

pills from VA since last year when they ask me to test I wouldn't so my doctor say he was not going to give me any pills so what you were the one put

me on them so keep it. Meds cause more problems to my health than the good I was getting from them side effects cause problems. jmho

Edited by tmoe