Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Re-Evaluation Of Sc Disabilities

Rate this question

Capt.

Question

I'm 90% / 100% unemployable and received the Re-evaluation form letter in the mail yesterday. I have been at this rating since about June of 2011. I P&T and have Chap 35 dependent education benefits listed in my award letter. I was also retired from the federal gov for my SC conditions.

• Answers 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Ditto.

And if I could not get the above - I would show up for the exam and take a copy of my

IU / P&T decision letter with me to leave with the examiner, in hopes they will accept it into

their possession.

I have every piece of paper that i sent or have received from the VA. They will take a copy. The only thing that changed is now it seems I get VA police supervision after having a bad run in with a VA Doc that treated me poorly. When I went to see my new doc i noticed that i was being watched, hell the police even asked if it went better this time..

(Back story I went to my new CBOC after moving, had an appointment with a Doc that treated me like dirt, stopped going to any primary care appts and only kept dental and mental health. Well primary care said i had to come in, and i was told that the Doc that i had seen before had left. So I was like great i can go back to PC, well low and behold he was still there. I tried to be the better man and started the appt without saying anything. He start berating me for being UI and how my wife (who works) wouldnt stand for a man who isnt filling his role as breadwinner. Needless to say I lost it (i didnt threaten voilence, just told him i wouldnt take this crap from him) and tried to see the CBOC manager. Well the police officers could see that i was upset and took me in their offices and we just talked. They even asked if i wanted to report him for patient abuse, i said no, that i only wanted to get a new Doc and my meds. So like i said before, i either have a danger note on my file or they just recognized me from the incident. Either was there was a cop waiting outside my exam room.)

Yes, I 've read both of your post.

I have merged the two post into this one thread.

The re-eval letter is probably a glitch in the system, but I would sure check it

out with who sent you the letter and with where the C&P is scheduled for.

If I could not obtain written proof that it's a glitch and VA will cancel the scheduled exam,

then I would attend the exam.

JMHO

I have every piece of paper that i sent or have received from the VA. They will take a copy.

A C&P examiner does NOT have to accept any paperwork from a claimant.

Sometimes if we are real nice - they will.

carlie

"(Back story I went to my new CBOC after moving, had an appointment with a Doc that treated me like dirt, stopped going to any primary care appts and only kept dental and mental health."

peerqoob, did you stop going to appts or taking medications that were service related?

"(Back story I went to my new CBOC after moving, had an appointment with a Doc that treated me like dirt, stopped going to any primary care appts and only kept dental and mental health."

peerqoob, did you stop going to appts or taking medications that were service related?

No, I had a years worth, and i kept my Mental Health appts