Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Wrong Brown Envelope!

Rate this topic

tugger50

Went to the mail today and there was a large brown envelope from the VA. I'm still in the gathering of evidence stage at 400 + days and counting. I thought well that would be par for the coarse. My wife said not to get to excited.

I opened it and it was my very own copy of the Veterans Health Benefits Handbook. Oh Joy!

My Lump Of Coal.

Merry Christmas to everyone on HADIT.com.

John

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look over the Veterans Health Benefits Handbook very closely. My claim went over 22 months. I did not receive a copy of the Veterans Health Benefits Handbook until I was service connected.

The copy I received was specific to my information. It told me I qualified for ter1 because I was combined 70%.

But maybe you already know that I am reading this post wrong. unsure.png

Edited by WVSERVER

I'd say that's a pretty nice lump of coal! like the last person just said, those books are USUALLY mailed out specific to the individual, it could give a hint as to where you are if it puts you in a certain category. anyone with 50% or more falls into cat 1.

Don't be too discouraged. I think it means that they may have made a decision on your claim. About a week before my last decision letter, I was sent S- DVI life insurance booklet. I was so disappointed. Then it dawned on me latter, that the only reason I would need the booklet, is to apply for the insurance I could only be eligible for if they had awarded service connection on one of my claims. Now that could have been a 0% Sc. But it wasn't.

Mike.

Thank's for the responses. I am looking it over carefully now. I see my name printed in it as well as my current cat 5, nonservice-connected, determined to be a Vietnam- era- herbicide- exposed- veteran. I am still at 0%.

I guess I'll see what developes. I'm already approved for VA heath care and used it this past summer for my hearing aids.

tugger50 At least they are sending you something. Stay positive and from what I'm reading it's a sign that your claim is farther along than ebennies says. So hopefully it follows status quo and leads to a pot of gold rather than a lump of coal God bless!

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use