VA Disability Claims Community Forums - HadIt.com Veterans
  • veterans-crisis-line.jpg
    The Veterans Crisis Line can help even if you’re not enrolled in VA benefits or health care.

CHAT NOW

• question-001.jpeg

Have Questions? Get Answers.

Tips on posting on the forums.

1. Post a clear title like ‘Need help preparing PTSD claim’ or “VA med center won’t schedule my surgery instead of ‘I have a question.

2. Knowledgeable people who don’t have time to read all posts may skip yours if your need isn’t clear in the title.
      I don’t read all posts every login and will gravitate towards those I have more info on.

3. Use paragraphs instead of one massive, rambling introduction or story.

Again – You want to make it easy for others to help. If your question is buried in a monster paragraph, there are fewer who will investigate to dig it out.

Leading too:

exclamation-point.pngPost straightforward questions and then post background information.

Examples:

• Question A. I was previously denied for apnea – Should I refile a claim?
      • Adding Background information in your post will help members understand what information you are looking for so they can assist you in finding it.
    Rephrase the question: I was diagnosed with apnea in service and received a CPAP machine, but the claim was denied in 2008. Should I refile?

• Question B. I may have PTSD- how can I be sure?
      • See how the details below give us a better understanding of what you’re claiming.
    Rephrase the question: I was involved in a traumatic incident on base in 1974 and have had nightmares ever since, but I did not go to mental health while enlisted. How can I get help?

This gives members a starting point to ask clarifying questions like “Can you post the Reasons for Denial of your claim?”

Note:

• Your first posts on the board may be delayed before they appear as they are reviewed. This process does not take long.
    • Your first posts on the board may be delayed before they appear as they are reviewed. The review requirement will usually be removed by the 6th post. However, we reserve the right to keep anyone on moderator preview.
    • This process allows us to remove spam and other junk posts before hitting the board. We want to keep the focus on VA Claims, and this helps us do that.
  • Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• VA Watchdog

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

• 2023-foeum-banner.jpg

• red-rectangle-thin-bar.png

Ask Your VA Claims QuestionThe LatestVeterans Crisis Line

red-rectangle-thin-bar.png

• Get Your HadIt.com Merch! Check them out here2022-11-16_06-22-29.png

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

C&p Exam Through "msla"

silvada05

Question

Hello all,

I am having my c&p for PTSD increase on Saturday through "MSLA", has anyone had any contact with them? What I have researched, they are similar to QTC, but not as "known". I can't find anyone with a good or bad experience with them.

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

13 answers to this question

Here is some info on MSLA

http://www.mslaca.com/veterans/

The term is unfamiliar to me......but I think basically like QTC (maybe better....)

I assume that 30% of your rating is for PTSD now. ????

We have the PTSD schedule of Ratings here.

Do you feel you have enough evidence to warrant a higher rating?

Are you employed or has your PTSD hindered your ability to become employed substantially?

Lots of PTSD info here in the PTSD forum.

Welcome Aboard MARINE

Thanks for the the response Berta. Hopefully they are better than qtc.

Yes, 30% PTSD now. The examiner, (through qtc), never had my c-file and mentioned my files were "unavailable" in 2010. I, along with some VA personal feel I should've been awarded 50%, (no surprise they "low balled" me).

My symptoms got worse and I was hospitalized at the Los Angeles VAMC for the last 6 months. I was in the combat trauma program and then had to leave early due to my wife having our 2nd child. There is plenty of evidence in the VAMC files from psychologist, psychiatriat, etc.

I was employed, but since I was hospitalized I was "let go". I was able to maintain my employment for a couple years, but to the credit of my employer which is also a Marine combat veteran of Iraq and knew what I was going through. Calling in, showing up drunk, drinking during lunch, arguing with customers and coworkers, etc. was "swept under the rug".

I am now on 6 psychiatric meds and continue my treatment at the vet center and a private psychologist- through soldiers project.

My worry is that the examiner or VA will grant me them increase, but will set it at 50% rather than 70% or 100%. I also don't know if he/she will have my file. The appointment letter states to bring my medication list and a photo id. I have a letter from my VA psychologist while I was inpatient at VAMC and a few others VA psychiatrist.

Thank you for the help

My worry is that the examiner or VA will grant me them increase, but will set it at 50% rather than 70% or 100%. I also don't know if he/she will have my file. The appointment letter states to bring my medication list and a photo id. I have a letter from my VA psychologist while I was inpatient at VAMC and a few others VA psychiatrist.

Thank you for the help

Since SC for PTSD has already been granted - the only factor relevant to evaluation

of percentage level is current level of disability.

I definitely think you should file for TDIU as well as SSDI.

The TDIU form is 21-8940 and lots of info here on that.

Then again- it is possible (if the VA has all the pertinent evidence, that they could award you 70 and enclose the TDIU form themselves.

But I have learned to have low expectations of the VA when it comes to evidence.

Have you requested a copy of the MSLA C& P results?

I am not sure if MSLA would release them or if you would have to request that report from the VARO that has your claim.

The results will give you a heads up on what to expect.

The side affects alone from" 6 psychiatric meds" are a factor VA must consider when they determine TDIU as well as all other pertinent medical records.

"My symptoms got worse and I was hospitalized at the Los Angeles VAMC for the last 6 months. I was in the combat trauma program "

Is VA fully aware and do they have those records?

Did anyone there help you file for temp 100% ?

21 days or more of continuous treatment in a VAMC for a SC, regardless of the current SC rating, equals 100% temp comp.

When my husband was in the PTSD Inhouse program, in Buffalo for PTSD , still rated at 30 % SC PTSC someone there filled out the 100% temp comp forms for the vets and the check took about 4-6 weeks to arrive.

"The examiner, (through qtc), never had my c-file and mentioned my files were "unavailable" in 2010. I, along with some VA personal feel I should've been awarded 50%, (no surprise they "low balled" me)."

I got a C & P exam on my husband thrown out many years ago because of the same BS.

When we got to the C & P docs office in Canadaigua (at least it was a real shrink) I could hear employees in the hallway looking all over for his C file and records, during the exam. I was glad I witnessed that and used it in a response to the proposed reduction.

The VA had proposed to reduce his 30 % PTSD to 10%.Because he had become a VA employee and also had finished his first semester of Voc Rehab.

I used VA regs and basic common sense in the NOD and they dropped the proposed reduction crap in about 7 months after they got the NOD.Within 3 years after that he was awarded 100% SC for PTSD by SSA and then 3 years after his death, VA awarded posthumously, 100% P & T for PTSD.

A C & P exam ,without the pertinent records available, is ripe for appeal on that basis.

If I were you I would consider filing for the TDIU sooner then later, as you will then preserve your earliest effective date (EED) that way.

Edited by Berta (see edit history)

Berta,

Thank you for the information. I will definitely submit the paper work for the tdiu and ssdi. The exam is this following Saturday, (12th). I've been stressed the hell out since they informed me of the appointment. Just not comfortable opening all up to someone I've never met, I have been going over there "worksheet" to prepare myself.

The VA is fully aware of my inpatient treatment and there are plenty of "notes" in my VAMC records (over 400 pages). On the Ebenifits site, it says they "electronically reviewed" my records up to September, (I left the program in November).

As far as the temp 100%, I heard it from fellow veterans and my calvet rep. also informed me and submitted the paperwork. I have not seen payment, but a fellow veteran received his when he received his SC award. Which is probably a way the VA "saves" money and screws veterans as myself with a mortgage and bills that need to be paid.

I know you will be just fine at the C & P but I do understand the apprehension.......you have company here in that regard...

"I have been going over there "worksheet" to prepare myself. "

If all claimants did that prior to C & Ps, the end results might be more favorable then they think........

If the Doc asks who handles the family finances , say YOU do ....

In most American Families the wife usually pays the bills.

But when VA asks about financial stuff for MH claims, at C & P exams and the vet says the wife pays all the bills,

the VA deems them as "incompetent" and then this can add months and maybe years to seeing their retro..

The VA has hired felons to be fiduciarys for veterans.Some are in prison now.They stole millions from vets.

We have a lot of info here on that.

The VA fiduciary program is a National Disgrace.

Berta/Carlie,

I finally got my rating decision at 100% PTSD, the award letter states: "Basic eligibility to Dependents Education Assistance is granted effective March 17, 2011, as the evidence showed you currently have a total service-connected disability, permanent in nature."

Also says, I may be eligible to Armed Forces Commissary and Exchange privileges along with my dependents may be eligible for CHAMPVA

Does this mean I'm P&T?

My PTSD icrease was the only claim I had in because my VA rep said it was better to do one claim at a time, should I still put in the claims for the other issues? (TBI, and a shoulder increase). How will it affect my current PTSD rating of it is not P&T?

Thank you for your wisdom Ladies

congrats my friend, the wait is over for you, some are still waiting, pray and hope for they get what the deserve. enjoy your reward

take a copy of your rating decision to the nearest military installation. Go to DEERS first and then the ID card section. These sections are normally found at the installations inprocessing center. I would then go to the hospital on that installation and register your dependants.