Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Cue

Rate this question

FrankieG23

Question

I don't have a clue on cue. I have read previous post about them. Is it better to use atty or husband's VSO? It is involving the missing of getting NSC for IHD VA had evidence (it included an ER visit), and hospital is listed on records the VA received. However, when requesting for Nehmer it was denied, but the hospital was not listed this new time (2010) as records they used. If they didn't use the records from (2001), is this also a CUE? I had called his whole family back in 2001 as hospital told me the believed he had a heart attack. I don't want to give up. I am inspired by this web site, and all the great people on it. Side note: After my call to VA, a couple days later I was contacted by JD Powers to rate VA performance!!!

• Answers 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

No J not to late, Ruling came in middle of 2012. On Ebenefits it states appeal is possible. This has nothing to do with higher ratings, but only EED. The denial was because they could not see any earlier diagnosis to grant EED under Nehmer. It stated that VA has rules that it has to check for Nehmer for IHD claim.. However his contention is that of what is listed of the evidence used, there is no mention of what was needed to be looked at as his evidence. Whether it was looked at and not listed as evidence, I don't know. I thought that VA weighed on the side of the Vet. VSO said something about a letter VA has, that states "veteran may have had heart attack". I am just guessing it was information from the ER visit I'm talking about back in 2001. I will have to check further about letter. VSO made comment that "may" doesn't mean it happened. I'm just saying, funny, how he fell apart 18 mos later with evidence of silent heart attack which happened sometime before the placement of defrib heart disease doesn't happen overnight. Guess I need to do like Berta said, is get his C-file and contact NVLSP. Hands were tied for awhile because his was in claim status for 2 yrs, and I thought you shouldn't get C-file during this time. I can see a denial of claim with no evidence, but this is not case. Also just to note, I saw C&P report that hubby was noted as having tinnitus, 2 mos before he became 100%. He was never granted it earlier during the C&P for hearing loss.(which he got SC at 0%) because he never put in for it until now which was granted now. It would not really not have changed pay back then,( he was 70% back then) so I'm not looking for EED, but my thoughts are WOW how many vets have had diagnosis and not added to a claim and probably alot of skipping of NSC's. Keeping my fingers crossed and never giving up.

• HadIt.com Elder

You need to get your hands on the medical records during the hospital stay when they thought he had a heart attack and any test they did on him to see any disagnosis. You need to see any tests like Echocardiogram or Cardiac Catherizations. You need these to investigate.

J

Jbasser is RIGHT!!!!!!!

My husband had a heart attack while employed by VA in 1988.

They told him he had a sinus infection and gave him sudafed.He drove home and was in a daze for 3 days. His VA boss called here about 10 times to get him back to work.

The med recs, however , revealed this had been a heart attack and they knew it.

Nehmer gave me Oct 1988 but I quibbled about Aug 1988, the actual Med cert date from the VA ER.

The documentation VA needs on EED (explained I think in the Nehmer Fast letter here is medical entries and/or test results etc, and what Jbasser mentioned..

I had the Aug 1988 EKG results.

Is there any entry for nitro and /or aspirin on date of what you believe the EED should be? There must be some signicant documentation in the med recs.

Is there any med entry for nitro and /or aspirin on date of what you feel was the actual EED?

NVLSP Nehmer contact info is here:

http://www.nvlsp.org/Information/ArticleLibrary/AgentOrange/AO-VAaddsdiseasestoAOlist.htm

Edited by Berta

Im attempting to get records, I think I will try insurance co. to see what is on bill from that day, hospital didn't see anything in their records, as the ER was done on paper back then.. I seem to remember they did give him nitro, I will ask him. I know I called all his family and told them what drs had said that he may have had heart attack. I know for sure that he heart enzymes were elevated. He stayed overnight, but he wanted to go home next day. He was very confused, sweating, and had chest pain. I know I have records on all this, but I have so many papers to go thru.

"sweating"

When I finally my my husband's med recs ,6 years after that ER sinus diagnosis, one word caused me to file FTCA wrongful death case.

The word was "diaphoretic".

He said he started sweating so bad before he collapsed that his VA co workers looked at him horrified.

Profuse seating can indicate CAD. The heart enzymes and other blood chem work results could support the EED,if this was in fact an ischemic event.

Thanks Berta, I am sorry for what your hubby had to go thru. I am glad you mention the nitro pills, this would show on a bill. I never thought about nitro. I have looked up fourth heart sound, and one of the indicators is IHD, but on page 2 of C & P exam it states "no heart disease", yet they didn't do any further testing during C & P exam from 2001. So I believe it will be important for ER visit records. He had just wanted to go home, he was feeling a little better.