VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tbi C&p

Rate this question

Kadyrmacias

Question

I have a tbi c and p in two days, I was diagnose with ptsd 70% already, I need to know what to expect, I'm kind going ballistic knowing that I can't get any rating, even though I have a stressor of the IED that blew up my truck. Any help, or recommendations, a civilian doctor is going to perform it.

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

This might be a problem at the exam ....there is no DBQ for TBI....I strongly suggest you go to our TBI forum here, go to te TBI criteria post up top, and print off the TBI C & P exam Worksheet.

Take it with you to the Doc appt. and see what the doc says as to using it or preparing a exam report that complies with what te VA needs to know.

This way you will be better prepared then the doctor (or maybe the doctor has already done C & Ps before for TBI)

Is this a QTC doc?????

TBI claims are in a state of change as the TBI regulations ,as to ratings, are going to change.....

LOTs of info her in the TBI forum.

Dont overlook mentioning any potential residuals.

Go over the TBI forum and the worksheet here and ask any questions ASAP....You will be OK at the Exam....

Dont worry too much as you will be prepared. if you follow my suggestions.

I have a tbi c and p in two days, I was diagnose with ptsd 70% already, I need to know what to expect, I'm kind going ballistic knowing that I can't get any rating, even though I have a stressor of the IED that blew up my truck. Any help, or recommendations, a civilian doctor is going to perform it.

Your stressor of the IED first off goes to support the grant for PTSD.

Are you saying that you also received a TBI when the IED blew up your truck,

which surely can happen.

Post Oct 2008, there were huge reg changes for Diagnostic Code (DC) 8045 - TBI,

the first TRUE / TBI regs,. Prior to that DC 8045 was brain trauma and it maxed out

compensation wise at 10 percent unless there was medical documentation of dementia.

There are many facets involved in the TBI - DC 8045 rating criteria.

Here's a link, just scroll down to DC 8045 and try to understand what you can of it.

http://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/text-idx?c=ecfr&SID=412fe597793219827080b0afce92e94e&rgn=div8&view=text&node=38:1.0.1.1.5.2.110.67&idno=38