Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Interesting Message On Ebenifits Today

Rate this question

Carl the Engineer

Question

"At this time, your Regional Office is unable to provide a estimated completion date for this type of claim"

Really???

Who had the time, or had a meeting, contimplated and made the decision to to post this, when all they had to do was change the date for completion of my daughters college graduation date by two years. She went from a two years degree program to a four year degree program. I submtiied the new (same as two years ago) with the new school date with a letter from the same college two months ago.

Heres a fricken idea. Create a message center (I used to work in a TOC in the military) with a OIC, who could be directing message flow. I.e., When simple requests came in they were handle expeditously. Not posted, not put in a stack, not directed to the CO, etc.

I would love to be able to put a computer tracking chip on my VA Form just to see where it travels. A miniture web cam would be hillarious. Plenty of popcorn for when it sits in a stack for a couple month on someones desk.

I feel sorry for you's that have real issues and benifits are being delayed by the VA's system. Not that mine are not real, just I can still work and could get by without, "currently".

Hamslice

“There is no hook my friend. There's only what we do.”  Doc Holiday 

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I know exactly what you mean Hamslice!!

In fall 2011 I submitted a letter with my sons High school graduation date(from his school), his college acceptance letter, his advanced enrollment deposit receipt and his orientation instructions and draft schedule (to indicate he is full time). I completed the school attendance form on-line and completed information for both schools. It takes them 7 months to put him back on the award, but they only put him on for his last six months of high school. I call them and ask why he wasn't extended out to include his college attendance. The answer was "we can only process one school attendance action at a time. The system will not allow us to do two." It was further explained I would have to resubmit everything for his college attendance. So I did, pending since June 25, 2012 expected completion 12/27/2012 - 4/27/2013, Its current status (on eBennies) is claim received, Nothing has been done, no review, no gathering of evidence, nothing.

On a new claim I have in for A&A, I received this message: We appologize that claim is past due! We recognize your claim has exceeded the estimated completion date, and we remain committed to complete our review as quickly and accurately as possible.Thanks for your patience.

I've been getting the same message on and off. It could be part of the system implementation for the new benefits processing software.

Limbo is status quo for the VARO.

Hamslice,

I found this interesting tidbit in M21-1MR last week.

M21-1MR, Part III, Subpart iii, chapter 6, Section B

9. Handling Notice of an Intent to
Continue School Attendance at a Future Date .......

(deletion)

In order to avoid an interruption of benefits, a beneficiary may submit VA Form 21-674
showing that a school child intends to continue attending school. ......

(deletion)

A beneficiary may provide the information VA Form 21-674 requests by
telephone, fax, or e-mail, in lieu of submitting the actual form.
(this actually was in red in the M21-1MR).

Isn't it great that since the highly paid professionals at our VARO cant read we get to wait years for simple adjustments!

Best regards,

Edited by 71M10

I had to send in 4 21-674's because they kept "misplacing them" when I think they were practicing their jump shots at the trash can with them. I went by the instructions and sent them when I was supposed to and they went certified, and I still experienced a delay. And if you have twins starting college, one will get it and the other not. The RO just can not handle twins well at all. They presume you are out to pull a fast one.