Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Veterans Affairs Failing Faster In Nearly All Areas, Monumental Problems

Rate this question

Capt.

Question

Hello All,

I have been watching the post from so many of our members , old ones and alot of new ones. Watching the hearings from both house and senate, numerous news agencies and I am also seeing the problems with so many areas within the Veterans Affairs.

After reading so many post from not just myself but members like Berta, Carlie, Jbasser, Boomer, Teac, Bronco, Asknod, 71m10, Sp4, Meghp0405 and many others who post specific articles and news links, I am seeing a terrible pattern.

One that I believe we all can look at and say , this whole VA system is corrupt. It is so far gone that their is no answer to get any of the problems fixed.

I am going to bring up just a few of the problems we are facing at an alarming rate with a downward spiral.

Arrogance, Elitist, criminal mindset, refusing to answer Congressional hearings questions, failing to comply with Office of Inspector General reports, GOA reports and recommendations and outright lies, coverups are expressed with non compliance and blatant ignoring the laws and regulations of our country and the Code of Federal Regulations. This is the Secretary , Assistant Secretary , Directors and VARO Service Managers that continue to operate with immunity. No one can touch them and we see everything getting worse. Responsibility and accountability are totally ignored and rewarded with more bonuses.

I am going to list just a few of the more recent problems within the last 6 months to a year from some of the news articles or past post with topics that are here at Hadit.

1. The incredible increase of the backlog

2. Inacurracy of the claims decisions process and its error rates especially from initial decisions to BVA remands process

3. Problems viewing Cfiles

4. Lack of Due Processs to Veterans and the Timelines faulty, error ridden decisions making Appeals nearly impossible

5. Failing to answer phone calls at most VAROS

6. VARO C and P exams not available to veterans or delayed more than one year

7. FOIA delays of information or non compliance at all

8. Dependents pay non-compliance and or long delays

9. VA arrogance on questions from House and Senate subcommittees, GOA, OIG reports

10.Fidicuiary Scandals

11. Legionaires Disease Coverup

12. Suicide Veteran Rate Increase

13. Lack of treatment for PTSD veterans

14 Homelessness of our Veterans

15. Paperless transitions for records inconsistancy between VAROs and VAMC, Clinics , dealing with MyhealthyVet, Ebenefits

16. Travel pay issues

17. Treating any correspondance with VAROS as a NEW CLAIM

I have used Hadit, and many news organizations, House and Senate reports, OIG, GOA and other agencies to bring up these points above.

Now I know I have missed alot of areas and these are just some of the more recent events and directions VA is taking and it is so evident by the huge number of Veterans that are posting on Hadit and viewing our topics.

You can see it in the tone of our topics and the Veterans and their wives and widows desparation. I have been a member here for over 6 years and the overall direction the Veterans Affairs has taken is absolutely out of control.

It has gotten so bad. I am so fearful for our Veterans that are just now coming into the VA claims and benefits process. That so many are going to fall thru the cracks and that the number of Veterans who will just say I quit and face prison, divorce or death or homelessness. That the number of Veteran problems now dominate our news agencies. Our courts and prisons are fast seeing an alarming problem with our Veteran community. We see it daily in our News reports.

That is why I have to just bring this topic up thats been on my mind for a long while, so that many of our Veterans can see that we all face some very dark waters ahead. And that is why I hope that every Veteran that comes to Hadit will say to each other....... NEVER GIVE UP. God Bless, C.C.

Edited by Capt.Contaminate

• Answers 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Hello All,,,,

71m10.... that my friend is an excellant post describing what all Veterans are looking at. And the problem with upper management of the VA. Its a shell game and the Veteran looses nearly 9 out 10 times. Its a fine oiled machine that knows exactly what they are doing and can manipulate the system with ease. Just do nothing.

Jbasser you are right it doesn't look good from any seat in the stadium .... except this stadium is full and every Veteran is sitting ......"in the backrow"

Veteran service organizations use to have a place to help the Veterans ,,,,but that was a long time ago. It is not that way now and I will not be a part of any of them. To many problems and nothing being done. NEVER GIVE UP. God Bless, C.C.

Well I have contemplated and American Legion and VFW membership just for a couple of Key bar locations. Americal legion has a nice looking building on Huron Street in Mackinaw city MI, I might be able to get a burger there for less than 8$ during the summer season.!!

i read today that our gov wants to insert an alternative inflation measure and apply that to disability payments to nearly 4 million veterans as well as pension payments for an additional 500,000 low-income veterans and surviving families.

i get the issue of the national debt being way out of control and largely due to washington's fiscal irresponsibility. if they want to trim our benefits then Congress needs to take a cut in pay and their health benefits. its only fair. aren't they still sending money overseas to non-friendlies?

i really hope ALL veterans groups rally on this and wake congress TFU.

GO VETERANS!