Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ebenefits New Tag Upload Evidence Available

Rate this question

Capt.

Question

Hello All,

After having Sat and Sunday maintence down time for Ebenefits this weekend I had to change the log in format to the new page DD page . Change my password ...delete cookies....

Ok ,,,so then you can go and check on "View my Status" tab, then click Compensation and Pension (C & P) Claims, and BINGO a new tab under one of my claims which is listed as Preparation for Decision, Status colume and then to the right normally should say Under the far right tab "Actions" ,,,,Links say "View Required Evidence" , where I happen to have 2 claims in preparation for decision.

The new link above these now says "Upload Documentation",,,,,,,

Folks , I believe this is a new feature that was just added to the Ebenefits . It does not appear on my other issues of dependency ,,,under review with Actions Column and the FOIA claim marked under status as claim received and also under Actions column for this one also only has View Received Evidence.

SOoooooooo... it appears , Veterans as of today have some ability to UPLOAD DOCUMENTATION as listed on my sections under the STATUS column marked PREPARATION FOR DECISION. It says you are limited with maximum size is 5MB and valid document file is GIF , TIFF, TIF, JPEG, JPG, BMP or TXT and also says for more information ask IRIS and in step 2 of 2 submit your documents with that tab available to also "print this page",,,,OR "save a screen capture for your records".

I would check your ebenefits accounts and see for those that have pending claims , IF you also see this new link in the ACTIONS column to the far right.

I am not sure if this is only going to appear on STATUS that has PREPARATION for Decision or what . It does not appear on the other issues listed that are not at different status phases.

I hope this helps and any ideas or suggestions from any who have uploaded something to Ebenefits , I am sure will help our members see the new change.

Personally , I am still very skeptical of this ability , because the Veteran is counting on being able to send the VARO new evidence for their claims. This is all part of the "New Paperless" VA that they are pushing . To me it seems that if you cannot upload it or the system has ,,,,,as Berta and Carlie call GLITCHES , then the Veteran is in for a heap of trouble and it could end up as bad as shreddergate. Not being able to get documents or evidence uploaded.

No , I am not sending them ANYTHING right now ,,,,,as we all know that if a Veteran has a claim in the process ,,,,,,, it could jeopardize the wait time and hmmmmmmm put you back down the long list to the bottom.

Anyone knowing more information would be helpful so as to alert our other members to this new feature. NEVER GIVE UP. God Bless, C.C.

Edited by Capt.Contaminate

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Example of what the directions screen says..............

Upload Documentation
Step 1 of 2: Add Your Documents

There are restrictions on the size and type.

• The maximum document size is 5MB.
  • Valid document file formats: PDF (unlocked), GIF, TIFF, TIF, JPEG, JPG, BMP and TXT.

For more information about the C&P Claims process, ask IRIS, VA's Inquiry Routing & Information System. Enter search term "Claims" or ask a question to receive a prompt response from the IRIS Help Desk.

Where to send your documents if you are unable to upload them:
Department of Veterans Affairs
Regional Office
6900 Almeda Road
Houston, TX 77030

Requested Items () Add Documents Step 2 of 2: Submit Your Documents

exclamation_icon_small.pngIMPORTANT:
  • When you are finished submitting your documents, print this page or save a screen capture for your records. You will not be able to see a list of the files you have submitted after leaving this page.

• There will be a delay before documents are updated in your online status. Once your documents have been submitted, a claims representative must review them and confirm they contain the requested evidence. Once confirmed, the claims representative will enter an acknowledgement that appropriate documents have been received, and you will see that information in your claims status.

All Files Submitted Successfully

exclamation_icon.png

Please try again or mail your document(s) to the Department of Veterans Affairs address listed above.

Submit DocumentsPrint PageCancel
Submitting Documents...

Do not hit the back button or leave this page as it may interfere with your file uploads.

EXAMPLE OF WHAT THE SCREEN LOOKS LIKE with new Upload Documentation tab

Compensation and Pension Claim Status
Claims Status Process
  1. Claim Received

Your claim has been received by the VA. If you applied online with VONAPP Direct Connect, you should see receipt in your list of Open Claims below within one hour. If you applied through the U.S. mail, please allow mailing time plus one week for us to process and record receipt of your claim.

2. Under Review

Your claim has been assigned to a Veterans Service Representative and is being reviewed to determine if additional evidence is needed. If we do not need any additional information, your claim will move directly to the Preparation for Decision phase.

3. Gathering of Evidence

The Veterans Service Representative will request evidence from the required sources. Requests for evidence may be made of you, a medical professional, a government agency, or another authority. It is common for claims to return to this phase, should additional evidence be required.

4. Review of Evidence

We have received all needed evidence. If, upon review, it is determined that more evidence is required, the claim will be sent back to the Gathering of Evidence phase.

5. Preparation for Decision

The Veterans Service Representative has recommended a decision, and is preparing required documents detailing that decision. If more evidence is required, the claim will be sent back in the process for more information or evidence.

6. Pending Decision Approval

The recommended decision is reviewed, and a final award approval is made. If it is determined that more evidence or information is required, the claim will be sent back in the process for more information or evidence.

7. Preparation for Notification

Your entire claim decision packet is prepared for mailing.

8. Complete

The VA has sent a decision packet to you by U.S. mail. The packet includes details of the decision or award. Please allow standard mailing time for your packet to arrive before contacting the call center.

Open Claims

Would you like to see personalized Compensation and Pension (C&P) Claims Status Updates displayed on your homepage? Yes | No

Note: If you remove the personalized C&P Claims Status Updates section from your homepage, you can easily re-activate it again at any time. Instructions are available on the eBenefits user settings page.

You chose to not display personalized Compensation & Pension (C&P) Claims Status Updates on your homepage. Would you like to enable this feature? Yes

Date of Claim Estimated Claim Completion Date help_icon.gif
How claim completion dates are estimated

Claim completion date ranges are estimated based on statistical analysis of average processing times for each Regional Office and type of claim.

• The minimum estimated completion date is determined by adding your Regional Office's average claim processing time to the claim start date.
  • The maximum estimated completion date is determined by adding your Regional Office's average claim processing time and the standard deviation to the claim start date.

Please note that the average time to complete a claim may exceed the maximum estimated processing time, in some cases by many months, due to unique circumstances for each specific claim.

Status Claim Type Updates Actions 11/09/2012 At this time, your Regional Office is unable to provide an estimated completion date for this type of claim Claim Received Freedom of Information Act / Privacy Act Request

Status Has Changed

New Evidence Received

View Received Evidence

03/05/2012 The estimated completion date of 01/09/2013 is past due (Learn more) Under Review Dependency

Status Has Changed

New Evidence Received

View Received Evidence

04/18/2011 12/05/2012 to 06/02/2013 Preparation for Decision Compensation

Status Has Changed

Evidence Requested is Past Due

New Evidence Received

Development Letter Sent

Upload Documentation

View Required Evidence

View Received Evidence

I truly hope that this "new" e-benefits site is working the way it should and provide the answers that we each solicit on an often basis. I am remaining cautiously because I (along with other veterans) are well aware of this sites shortcommings...

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Not getting my hopes up yet, but looks promising

"If it's stupid but works, then it isn't stupid."
- From Murphy's Laws of Combat

Disclaimer: I am not a legal expert, so use at own risk and/or consult a qualified professional representative. Please refer to existing VA laws, regulations, and policies for the most up to date information.

Hello,, Meghp and Vync,,,,,,,

I believe that this will develope EXTREME problems with the claims process.

Because we have no legal way to make sure the VA gets the evidence because no one is SIGNING OFF on it. Yes the Veteran can print and show that he had a copy and sent it via this "DOWNLOAD EVIDENCE" button. That does not mean they will get it or acknowledge they PUT it into your Cfile as part of the claim.

THIS IS WAY SCARY....... If you remember one of my post on DUE PROCESS. I discussed the lack of DUE PROCESS because of the lack of getting your QTC C and P Examinations , so the Veteran CANNOT File a timely appeal or NOD . Therefore since you cannot respond to the C and P Examination , then your NOD or Appeal is FAULTY ,,,,,or NONPROBATIVE........BIG PROBLEM .

Now this new way of downloading evidence is going to be another issue for DUE PROCESS. Except it will mean more denials initially and farther into the process the VA cannot or will not fix it . SOOooooooooooooo it will take the BVA or even the CAVC to REMAND it back , taking even more time. And we think the backlog is bad now....................... Someone please let me get to Congress and I will be glad to testify and put this in front of the Undersecretary General Allison Hickey ...... She deserves to be treated as a TRAITOR if this is her answer to the last HVAC meeting in June 2012 where she announced a new paperless plan.

Folks , I am sorry to have posted this , but if we here at Hadit cannot raise the alarm on this one .....it will mean a total collaspe of the backlog system and the wait time will hit 4-6 years just to get a response on an initial claim. There is not one safety precaution on this one and as most of us have found out you cannot even get the VA to answer the phone anymore. You can't get an appointment to view your Cfile , because it now takes an appointment. Sooooooooooo..... the VA going paperless means they cannot process or talk to a Veteran ,,,,,there is noone to FORCE them to .......as discussed by Congressman Filner in that June hearing where he grilled the Undersecretary on these issues.

I am very discouraged with this direction and it shows a total collaspe of the VA direction and its willingness to try and get the backlog reduced and the error rate of decisions below 40%( according to OIG reports 2012)

Even more than ever I see Hadit.com, and its members being more diligent and more alert , so as not let this swallow up our Veteran's community and those filing for their benefits. We thought the Vietnam Era Vets were forgotten....... folks ,,,,,,you ain't seen nothing yet. We keep giving the VA a chance of doing right on any problem that has come up and they refuse to. Should we expect them to do right on this new program that already has HUGE problems and its only into day 2.

I am going to try and BUMP the DUE PROCESS post I made awhile back so some of you may be able to follow my concerns and where this all fits in.

Please holdfast Veterans and remember that we all must dig in and say NEVER GIVE UP. God Bless, C.C.

Edited by Capt.Contaminate

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Hey Cap,
Don't forget that the VA is also creating a self-perpetuating need for "current" C&P-esque exams. By the time the VA gets around to reviewing your claim, NOD, or appeal, they will probably request another "current" exam because the original one is too old. More paper to stack on top of your ever-growing C-file.

"If it's stupid but works, then it isn't stupid."
- From Murphy's Laws of Combat

Disclaimer: I am not a legal expert, so use at own risk and/or consult a qualified professional representative. Please refer to existing VA laws, regulations, and policies for the most up to date information.