Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ebenefits New Tag Upload Evidence Available

Rate this question

Capt.

Question

Hello All,

After having Sat and Sunday maintence down time for Ebenefits this weekend I had to change the log in format to the new page DD page . Change my password ...delete cookies....

Ok ,,,so then you can go and check on "View my Status" tab, then click Compensation and Pension (C & P) Claims, and BINGO a new tab under one of my claims which is listed as Preparation for Decision, Status colume and then to the right normally should say Under the far right tab "Actions" ,,,,Links say "View Required Evidence" , where I happen to have 2 claims in preparation for decision.

The new link above these now says "Upload Documentation",,,,,,,

Folks , I believe this is a new feature that was just added to the Ebenefits . It does not appear on my other issues of dependency ,,,under review with Actions Column and the FOIA claim marked under status as claim received and also under Actions column for this one also only has View Received Evidence.

SOoooooooo... it appears , Veterans as of today have some ability to UPLOAD DOCUMENTATION as listed on my sections under the STATUS column marked PREPARATION FOR DECISION. It says you are limited with maximum size is 5MB and valid document file is GIF , TIFF, TIF, JPEG, JPG, BMP or TXT and also says for more information ask IRIS and in step 2 of 2 submit your documents with that tab available to also "print this page",,,,OR "save a screen capture for your records".

I would check your ebenefits accounts and see for those that have pending claims , IF you also see this new link in the ACTIONS column to the far right.

I am not sure if this is only going to appear on STATUS that has PREPARATION for Decision or what . It does not appear on the other issues listed that are not at different status phases.

I hope this helps and any ideas or suggestions from any who have uploaded something to Ebenefits , I am sure will help our members see the new change.

Personally , I am still very skeptical of this ability , because the Veteran is counting on being able to send the VARO new evidence for their claims. This is all part of the "New Paperless" VA that they are pushing . To me it seems that if you cannot upload it or the system has ,,,,,as Berta and Carlie call GLITCHES , then the Veteran is in for a heap of trouble and it could end up as bad as shreddergate. Not being able to get documents or evidence uploaded.

No , I am not sending them ANYTHING right now ,,,,,as we all know that if a Veteran has a claim in the process ,,,,,,, it could jeopardize the wait time and hmmmmmmm put you back down the long list to the bottom.

Anyone knowing more information would be helpful so as to alert our other members to this new feature. NEVER GIVE UP. God Bless, C.C.

Edited by Capt.Contaminate

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Hello All , it appears that noone has gotten to use this feature ,,,,,because it is so new...just a couple of days old or so. Oh well ...lets see.....how long was the backlog and the dear Secretary said that the backlogs would be gone by 2015.

Anyone want to bet on this one...... ??? NEVER GIVE UP. God Bless, C.C.

Hello ,,,, Yes ,,you have to register for the site , get a user name and password( mandatory change every 6 months or if you fail to log in after 2 times and you can NEVER EVER use a previous password)

My healthy Vet is also under the ebenfits website and I had 2 users names and passwords but after last week end it now takes my ebennys user and pass word and does it all.

Should be easy for you. Just remember to not believe everything you see on your records at ebennys cause they are usually behind. Better than nothing and MyheatlyVet ...at least you can get some records on your health printed out or you can view somethings. Thank you for your service ....NEVER GIVE UP. God Bless, C.C.

Well I went ahead and tried to use this feature, although, I have to state that I knew it was going to be problematic, I decided to give a go. Stay away. I tried to upload small files at first using a variety of stated supported files. Nope. A big no-go. The system would freeze up and stall out completely. I even tried uploading small files individually for the last few days. No-go. A few times the files loaded and when I would try to enter a new document it would erase the last. I think this is just a small smokescreen to try to give the VA a better image. A failed attempt to make it easier for veterans to file their claim for benefits. If it worked without problems I think it might be useful, however, given the direction the VA is trying to go, in my opinion, just my opinion, I think I would just do it the old fashioned way. It may be slower, however, your important information won't be lost in the digital black hole. I will try using this new system again, for the 6th time, but I have my stamps at the ready to mail in my claim. Just my experience so far folks.