VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Slightly Dm Ii

Rate this question

x020574

Question

I have consistently had A1c around 5.5 - 5.8, and FG around 120s. Recently I have had a couple spikes over 126 FG and my VA PCP scheduled me for diabetes/dieting session with the nutritionist. PCP also requested tester for monitoring glucose but the nutritionist said the VA has recently changed it's policy and only gives monitors if you are on medication. I guess I'll buy my own and try to figure out why I spike sometimes - I am pretty good about fasting. I am 61yrs old and have bladder problems that get me up 2-3 times a night (BPH) so I think sleep interruption may have something to do with it... at least from what I have read. I take Tamolsulin to keep the night time urine frequency in check... but it doesn't seem to help - or maybe it is and I would get up more often if I didn't take it... I do see a urologist every 6 mos. I have also had some Hematuria issues as well.

Is a couple of pops over 126 FG reason enough to file for DM II (VN era, boots on ground)? At this time, getting it SC is probably more important then 10% managed by diet.

If the VA PCP makes the dx, would just having it noted in my VA medical records good enough or do I have to get a copy and send it in?

I stated a claim for Bilateral Hearing loss increase in Feb/2012 and had audio C&P - I believe that will be denied. I have additional hearing loss but not to the level of compensation... It will probably stay at 0%.

I filed for IHD in Oct/2012 - according to eBennies it looks like they added it to my existing claim as new, the claim is Under Review and currently overdue it's expected completion (isn't that a surprise wink.gif ?

If I send in a claim should I send it in by itself as a fully developed claim or send it in and ask that it be added to my existing claim (not sure they would).

I have a VSO at the Boston DAV, but I thought I would run it by you guys/girls first. Thanks in advance for your input.

Edited by x020574

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I would wait before submitting an additional claim. According to what you posted you have 2 open claims now. By submitting an additional claim now will only impeed the process of the other two.

You need a diagnosis to submit a claim. If the doc that diagnosed you is a VA doc you don't need to obtain and submit any medical records. If the doc is not with the VA, then you need to obtain a letter stating the diagnosis.

It shouldn't be much of a surprise that I disagree. First if it slows down any claim, it won't slow it down enough to justify loss of compensation because he submitted a new claim at a later date..... and considering that the VA is famous for requesting medical evidence over and over again it makes more sense to submit all the medical evidence at the time the claim is submitted. First this speeds up the process somewhat, and secondly the veterans knows exactly what was given to the VA for evidence.

You are correct about the fully developed claims, when submitting a claim, do it with the 21-526ez. I have submitted over hundreds of these the past 1 1/2 years for veterans. I believe this process is better than sliced bread!

I don't know much about this new ez form, but then I never used the old form either. VA forms are limited in space. I always submit claims on a white sheet of paper, typed out with name and claim number at the top of each page... not forgetting to add the disclaimer on the bottom of the last page, " I certify that this statement is true and correct to the best of my knowledge".....There is no requirement to use these forms, and are only for the convenience of the VA.

I am lost here- were you in theatre
Vietnam or in Thailand?

If you served in Thailand please read
the latest VA Bulletin on Thailand and AO veterans.

We have lots of Thailand AO info in our
AO forum if you use the hadit search for Thailand Agent Orange

The irst AO Thailand vet is a member of hadit. He did more then present the Checo report to VA. The Thailand directive above is solely due to his work for Thailand veterans. Great friend of mine, he just had a quadruple bypass from the AO. His work has helped many many Thailand vets get AO awards.

I am lost here- were you in theatre

Vietnam or in Thailand?

If you served in Thailand please read

the latest VA Bulletin on Thailand and AO veterans.

We have lots of Thailand AO info in our

AO forum if you use the hadit search for Thailand Agent Orange

The irst AO Thailand vet is a member of hadit. He did more then present the Checo report to VA. The Thailand directive above is solely due to his work for Thailand veterans. Great friend of mine, he just had a quadruple bypass from the AO. His work has helped many many Thailand vets get AO awards.

I filed for IHD for direct connection exposure to herbicide during my service in Thailand. Afterwards, as a result of gathering additional miltary records, I received a copy of TDY travel vouchers with airplane stops at Ton Son Nhut AFB, RVN. I sent copy of Travel Voucher and letter I received from NPRC to support my IHD claim.

So, I had service in Thailand and monentary boots on the ground in RVN.

Edited by x020574