VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Svr Weekly Internet Podcast

Aletta

At the top of this page and most pages here at Hadit, to listen to the SVR Weekly Internet Podcast. I click the play button only nothing happens. I am guessing this is only for live broadcasts? I have updated all my players, I have several. They are all enabled in my IE 9 add ons. I have Win7. What do I need to do to hear them? I have Hughes Net satellite connection so I can't do streaming and listening in when it is live. I have the cheapest Huges Net package and it is not real fast. OR is there a place I can download each program? I assume it is recorded.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

The player is for Live shows. We advertise them when we do them live.

You can go to tha archives and listen to any program you wish we have lots of them there. These shows are an amazing resource for veterans.

Here is the link location : http://svr-radio.com/archives.html

I have Hughesnet too and the satellite dish. It gets the SVR shows if they are live or looped for a few hours by clicking the blue thing up top Otherwise I just go to the Archives link Jbasser gave you and click on the Icon for the show I need to hear.

My windows media pops right up after the download and then it takes me time to figure what format I want the fancy enhancements to do I play with that feature a lot. Fun.

I was upgraded to the new Gen 4 Hughes satellite recently Aletta but I think the new satellite up there has a screw loose.

I have problems from time to time getting fast service.

When it works it is really fast, but when it slows down I say lots of bad words.

I live at high elevation too in the Allegany Mt Plateau and often inside a cloud and the Hughes men who hooked me into Gen 4 said nothing can really help if clouds or heavy fog are between my dish and the satellite.

The older satellite worked better for me. Maybe the Hughes men who came here had loose screws too.

Edited by Berta

Thanks for the link Jbasser!

I will go there NOW!

Berta, I can't even get a cell signal at my home. We are in an area called 'Boonboro' here in MO.. Danial Boones son's lived and worked around here.. it is nothing but hills, hollows and trees.

I only pay $39 a month. I called about the Gen4 and it is above my budget. I could maybe afford it but I would rater save money IF I can.. When I had dial up, I could hear the show.. it did cut out some. I guess the delay with Hughes Net causes a problem.

I have WMP but I use RealPayer the most as it allows me to 'download and save' even if the site doesn't allow it sometimes.. I download things and go about my day and when I come back.. I can listen and watch when time allows.

• In Memoriam

All of the archives are downloadable. We don't always interview on Wednesdays as advertised because of the guest schedules. Sometimes the programs are on Tuesdays or Thursdays. We have also decided to program earlier than posted as internet traffic is less to deal with. This is why the archive is so valuable.