Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Turn Around Time After C&p Exam.

Rate this question

indyman

Question

I'm sure this has been discussed before. I had a C&P exam on Jan 30th, this year. Exam was good and all questions covered. I found out my claim was sent to Togus, Augusta ME due to backlog at Indy. I got through today and spoke with a service rep. He told me after my claim was developed in ME it went back to IN, for the decision. This guy did not sound like he really knew. I sent all my evidence to ME (as requested by letter from Togus) on Jan 31st, with C&P sent by the NP. I was sitting there when she sent it. Why would an RO in Indy with a heavy backlog (approx 300 days) get the developed claim back from ME for the decision to be made in IN. It just does not make any sense when ME had it all there in front of them and could have awarded or denied. And does anyone have any idea the turnaround time after completion of the C&P and all supporting evidence is submitted? Do TDIU claims take longer? Also, I sent the completed evidence to ME on Feb 1, with RRR I got back dated Feb 7th. The guy I talked with said Indy got the developed claim on Feb 8th. I did not say anything about the RRR. Sounds a fishy maybe?

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

INDY is the problem. If they haven't improved in the last two years I feel for you. I hope they get it right and it goes smooth. That place was a real cluster &%#$.

J

The VARO that is handling your claim (in your case, Indy) had farmed your claim out to be developed and worked. The outside VARO that did the work on your claim sends your claim back to the VARO that had sent it out. Once they obtain your claim, then it moves to the decision phase.

I have seen many claims that have been farmed out like this. Winston-Salem is super big on farming out claims.

The time frame, no one really knows for sure, like I said before when it gets back to the original VARO, it goes to the pile in the decision phase.

It's not your fault, but like jbasser stated above, it is a mess, Indy is not a real friendly place when it comes to doing anything quick..

I just do not understand when they it all done and sitting right in front of them, they pack it up and send it all back. To me, its like rewinding the clock.