Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

They Must Be Crazy

Rate this question

westcoastlv

Question

The VA must be effin kidding me. The original claim was filed in 2010 - 1 year later the VA awarded my husband a total of 60%. Then I filed a Request for Reconsideration in 8/11 (which they considered a claim for increase) and the VA granted an increase to 80%in May 2012, with the TDIU (which was originally filed in 8/10 and again in 8/11) was deferred. So, as of yesterday, E-benefits had the estimated claim completion date of anywhere between 1/27/13 to 5/20/13. Then I check today and this bullshit says the 'new' estimated completion date is 4/15/2014 to 11/4/2014. So, the TDIU deferred has already been 2 years, now they're telling me they need another year????? This can't be real. So, some incompetent VA reviewer can look at a fully developed claim, with employer statements and all, and estimate that they will need yet another year to read this over. A year. And it states they need new information from 2 employers, one of which is out of business and has been since 2008, and they other that my husband hasn't been at since 2005 (of which he received many reprimands for his conduct - SC is for PTSD). And the request was made today, and is due on 4/10/13, in 15-days. They can sit on their asses for months/years, but expect a turnaround of information in 15-days about a person that these employers haven't heard of in years. Does the mail even work that fast?? So what, are they hoping that they won't get a response and use that as a reason to delay this claim even further. Tomorrow I am going to type out a pretty irate letter telling them that the one company is out of business and who knows about the other. That company has been bought and sold so many times they may not even have any records on my husband. And I'm gonna use their new feature to upload this letter. Doesn't due process apply at all to the VA. I have submitted multiple letters from a VA Psychologist (PhD) that states he is unemployable, and that the previous ratings were too low. A letter from his last employer that stated that they had to let him go because of his volatile and unpredictable behavior, and a letter from a VA Nurse Practicioner that stated he was unemployable. But, I'm sure a NON-Medically trained VA reviewer knows more that these profession people. This is all a bunch of bull and I am totally outdone by the lax attitude this country take toward Veterans.

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

That sounds about right on Par for the VA.

if you are in reconsideration, that means you have a denial. You should consider calling Ron Abrams and asking him for help.

He may be an asset.

J

Wow sounds like allot of passing the rating decisions to the next VA employee-a year down the road? I just sent My request for PTSD in today and am planning on fileing for similar not able to work issues-hang in there!!

@J - I don't think its in reconsideration. We re-filed the claim after the initial rating and the VA is treating it like a new claim. Increase already granted, but they are stating that the TDIU is new (but it's been filed twice already). This is just sickening. And I know this is not the worst case of injustice, there are some many Veteran's out there waiting even longer! I am just aghast at how this system works.

• HadIt.com Elder

They have lost control so bad they have to treat everything like a new claim and they have to go line for line by the M21 as a manual to process. That is absurd. That way they can control the time to their advantage.

It really is a discombobulated mess across the board. I hate to dulge back into it but I am going to have to very soon and I am not liiking forward to it even though they owe me about 80K in retro.

J

@J - I don't think its in reconsideration. We re-filed the claim after the initial rating and the VA is treating it like a new claim. Increase already granted, but they are stating that the TDIU is new (but it's been filed twice already). This is just sickening. And I know this is not the worst case of injustice, there are some many Veteran's out there waiting even longer! I am just aghast at how this system works.

• HadIt.com Elder

Treating Iu like a new claim? They do this all the time.

You have to show them as they are blue sheeting you.

You will have to appeal any decision you may get to fix this.

J