Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rachel Maddow Show On Msnbc

Rate this question

meghp0405

Question

I watched this lady's show last night, which i normally don't do. her guest was Tommy Sowers who is a Assistant Secretary with the VA. He was on the program to speak and answer questions pertaining to the backlog of claims.

Mr Sowers, a former green beret medic, stated that "the company First Sergeant and Junior Officers need to help those getting out with their claim". he further went on to state that the backlog will be cleared up by 2015.

I'm really not sure where this guy is coming from, So now the unit 1SG's and junior officers are going to start doing claims? To me, that just doesn't make sense. That's why there are transitional service officers to do just this. It would seem to me that those individuals whould have their hands full. I remember when I was a 1SG, that just wouldn't been feesable. But then agin if I was given a mission, it was tackled head on. I just don't see this happening nor is it there responsibility?

And then to say that the backlog of all claims would be completed by 2015, I guess we will just have to wait on that one, but I'm not to optmistic.

His time on the show was just a waste and that's 15 minutes of my life I'll never get back....

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

2015 is a "strategic" number...Shinseki has known all along he wont reduce the backlog by 2015. You see, we will have a new president in 2016, so by the time 2015 is over, Shinseki will be out and someone else will have the job....so he wont have to answer questions as to why he failed again.

His time on the show was just a waste and that's 15 minutes of my life I'll never get back....

Yes but didn't you know that before you stated to watch the show, especially considering who's show it was..... and what channel it was on...wink.png

Last time the back log was reduced in a hurry, it was... BUT most claims were denied... I sure hope they don't deny claims without any merit just to get reduce the backlog fast.. Oh, they do that now... and still have a backlog..