VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Anyone Get A Joint Remand From The Cavc? How Long At The Ro After?

Rate this question

dav_marine72

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

If anyone has received a remand from the CACV I'm wondering what your timeline was until something happened. I received a joint remand on 4 issues back to 2000. This was in early 2012. A year later the Hartford RO has not done anything. Anyone else have a similar case? Wondering how long it took for the RO to get off their butts. Thanks.

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Yeah I'm TDIU but not P&T. I'm due some back pay too. No pun intended. I'm 90 on the schedule with low ratings for many of my seems end list of service connections. I want 100% on the schedule because I want to work. It is hard as hell but if I stay home. I will become an alcoholic or OD or something. Did your senator actually do anything for you? I've contacted both of mine already and I was told I have a very complex case.............

• HadIt.com Elder

When you are told your case is complex it usually means it is going to require some work and expert knowledge. Your senator's helper won't understand the fine points of VA law. This is what your lawyer is supposed to do for you. I am at the CAVC as well.

John

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks John. I'm going to get in touch with her today. The RO told me last week they opened my file. WOW. :)

Yes, in the end my senator did help but that was after I had won at BVA and the RO was stalling. Before that it was more checking current status and advising me, not advocating for me. But I think he did raise hell at the end, so I am thankful for that.

• HadIt.com Elder

Once upon a time Pete53 got hold of the current VA Sec.'s email address. I sent him an email about my stalled claim and I got action. The email was changed or disappeared soon after it got out here at Hadit. That is the only time I got help from anyone who was supposed to be able to help.