VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Help Me Understand

Rate this topic

Help me understand why VA will give me a drug called Zytiga for my PC which cost $7,600.00 and won't supply me with Lyrica for my PN which cost $397.00?

The VA nurse's say they will, but soon as I see the Primary Doctor's they no way, VA will not supply.

SP4

Should I get my outside primary Doctor to write a prescription for Lyrica and take it to VA?

Edited by SP4RVN1971

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you get your outside doc to write they will have to write also why and tell VA no substitute.

I agree with you though their formula for adding and deleting drugs is ODD!,

They give me EBREL for my back at something like 17.000 a year but would not give me celebrex when I asked a few years ago.

Stillhere

• HadIt.com Elder

The VA in Tampa gave me Lyrica. They probably want you on a cheaper med. Let them put you on topomax or neurontin generic and then tell them you are having horrible side effects. Ask for Lyrica at that point. This is what I did although none of this stuff really helped me.

• HadIt.com Elder

Lyrica is next generation of gabapentin or neurontin as civilians call it. Get your Doc to write you a script and note that no substitution allowed.

Anyone rated 100% plus A&A can make VA fill any prescription written by outside Doc. In Dallas I not A&A on top and VA fills it.