VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Fully Developed Claims

Rate this question

x020574

Question

I always read about the advantages of filling a FDC... are their any disadvantages. Does it effect whether you could file a NOD or Appeal to BVA?

I understand that if one files additional contentions after submitting 256ez, the claim will be treated as a standard claim (slow lane).

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes and no. Say you are low balled and you appeal for larger percent, you still get the priginal until the appeal is done. If you get denied, the appeal kicks in and you get in line and out of the FDC.

show that touches onthe FDC http://www.svr-radio.com/archives.html

We have a couple of folks here who know this process real well so I am sure they will chime in soon.

J

The FDC claims was implemented to assist in the adjudication of claims in a faster process than a normal claim. In the FDC, you submit all medical documentation in support of your claim. When I first started using the FDC, veterans were having their claim completed in 90 days or less (unless you are a retiree and was awarded 50% or more) those took about an additional 30 days longer due to the processing by DFAS. Now, they are taking around 5- 6 months. More and more veterans have received the word and more of these claims are being submitted.

Yes, if you submit an FDC and two months down the road you want to add documentation, it then is no longer an FDC. It becomes a regular claim and is processed as such. That's why they call it a fully developed claim, a claim that is submitted with ALL documentation. Take the extra step and make sure you have everything before submitting.

Now, lets say you are not happy with the results. You then start with a re-consideration or most will just submit an NOD. Once VA receives the re-consideration or NOD, the claim is no longer part of the FDC process and goes right in line with the other claims with the same status.

I can tell you by the results that I have seen (I've seen over 500 of them) only about a handful of veterans were not happy. Once I showed them the 38cfr and the guidelines for their disability percentage, many of them were ok with the issue and knew what they had to do to get their % raised. I've only had about a half dozen that wanted the NOD. That number is extremely, extremely low compared to the number of FDC's that I submitted on behalf of veterans. Actually, less than 1%.

I truly believe that the Louisville KY VARO is bending over backwards for the veterans using the FDC.

Use to be a veteran submitted a letter that he/she intended to file a claim for a certain disability, just to receive an established EED. That was then, the FDC's are the now. I've just had too many positive results to say otherwise.

Edited by meghp0405